• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Young shown flashes of being a #1 pick?

TN05

53 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He absolutely has not shown even a glimmer.  If he had been selected #1 overall by a division rival, we would all be laughing our asses off right now.

truth

especially with the picks given up and NO 1st this year(looking like a top3 lock currently too)

Edited by Basbear

2 hours ago, CRA said:

No. 

Young hasn’t shown the flashes a #1 overall should.  Especially one you traded up for.  That should be the type playmaker that occasionally overcomes all the poo and does something.  Bryce has zero flashes in that aspect.  

Surprise Surprise tep daddy making yet another impatient stupid decision at qb. Everything decision he makes is the wrong one. I swear to God it's impressive.

• Beer 1

I was against drafting him mainly because when I watched him play against a mediocre Texas defense in 2022 he looked like trash aside from one last miracle drive that gave Alabama the win. If Quinn Ewers didn’t get hurt in that game, Texas would have stomped Alabama, and their entire season would have gone differently. 

Bryce seems like a nice enough guy, but he’s too short to read an NFL defense and the head coach is a reject from another bad franchise. 

Remember when Trevor Lawrence was a bust after his rookie year? They went 3-14 and he had a lot of very pedestrian games just like Bryce is currently having. One exception was his first game where he had 300 yards 3 tds and 3 int. It was his only 300 yard game of the year so it was more of an outlier for him. It was also only 1 of 2 games in which he threw more than 1 TD pass. The 2nd game being the last game of the season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4360310/type/nfl/year/2021

Obviously the main difference here is that his HC was fired after year 1 (could the same happen here? I doubt it). I really think they just need time. Let them (the team) take their lumps this year and hopefully next year we can have a similar year two that Jacksonville experienced with Trevor.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Remember when Trevor Lawrence was a bust after his rookie year? They went 3-14 and he had a lot of very pedestrian games just like Bryce is currently having. One exception was his first game where he had 300 yards 3 tds and 3 int. It was his only 300 yard game of the year so it was more of an outlier for him. It was also only 1 of 2 games in which he threw more than 1 TD pass. The 2nd game being the last game of the season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4360310/type/nfl/year/2021

Obviously the main difference here is that his HC was fired after year 1 (could the same happen here? I doubt it). I really think they just need time. Let them (the team) take their lumps this year and hopefully next year we can have a similar year two that Jacksonville experienced with Trevor.

Thats not the obvious difference.

2 hours ago, gofightwin said:

He hasn’t made stupid rookie decisions so that’s good.

He is accurate when he picks his receiver. 

Not a whole lot else but it sure doesn’t look like he is in a position to be successful right now. And it looks worse because Stroud and AR have had success. But history tells us these QB will look like crap this season too as defenses get tape on them. How many rookies have looked good and no panned out at all? And how many rookie QB have looked terrible and turned in pro bowl QB? 

Stroud has had a historic start. How many QBs in that caliber of start didn't pan out?

Not saying Bryce is a bust by any means, but Stroud looks like the real deal.  He may have a slump at some point but there's no evidence he won't be able to have success long term.