• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney almost got us Herbert

t96

20 minutes ago, SOJA said:

credit where credit is due but Hurney was really good at scouting top end talent. It's the rest of the roster building that he was often terrible at. 

Most can draft in the top 8 with success, i wonder why herniay got good at that.....hmmm

plus a few of them where like peppers everyones pick.

will give credit about cam, think about these teams with locker or gabbert.....hell locker quit a couple years in...

paying RBs&MLBs when the 92% of the league wasnt, unforgivable. I think at one point both jstew and dwill where in the top 5 paid and cap for a few years TOGETHER. waste of resources, that main one... 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

If this is really true, why did he sign Bridgewater to a 3 year deal for starter’s money a month before the draft if he wanted to trade up to get Herbert?

Due to Covid, his presence at Oregon’s pro day was highlighted. I posted an article above where Detroit was very open to trading back from 3 because Okudah would have been available. They said there was no interest in moving up so their price to move down wasn’t crazy high. If Hurney wanted to force his point and go after Herbert he sure didn’t make a stink about it or even contact Detroit when they made it widely known they were willing to move down.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

Most can draft in the top 8 with success, i wonder why herniay got good at that.....hmmm

plus a few of them where like peppers everyones pick.

will give credit about cam, think about these teams with locker or gabbert.....hell locker quit a couple years in...

paying RBs&MLBs when the 92% of the league wasnt, unforgivable. I think at one point both jstew and dwill where in the top 5 paid and cap for a few years TOGETHER. waste of resources, that main one... 

There have been so many busts in the top 8. It’s not guaranteed you will draft a franchise cornerstone, let alone a good player. Ask Fitterer.

I don’t even think there’s another GM with a 100% success rate in the first round.

• Pie 1