• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Is It Going To Take For More Agressive Playcalling????

Hoenheim

I'm getting sick and tired of this pointless stinking turd of a offense that almost exclusively has Bryce throwing extrmely short passes. I've seen him connect on some intermediate passes. But he rarely ever even attemps 15+ yard passes?

This has to be largely due to playcalls. I think every defense in the league has caught on to the fact we love to run up the gut or throw screens or super short routes.  Why are we almost not even attempting longer throws? 

I know the o line is ass. But ive seen them block well enough on occasion. Bryce can move around or have plays designed for him to move around.  You can put in extra blockers.

What is the point of continuing to use this check down offense if it doesn't work?? I think we have a good defense but frank is out here operating the offense like he has the 1985 bears or 2000 ravens defense completely shutting down opponents, when that's not the case.

We're 0-4. Playoffs likely aren't in the cards.  Why in the hell do I see all these reports about the panthers scrambling for a wr when they only throw 5 yard passes on average?? What good is that wr going to do with these dumb ass playcalls? Unless you can find a YAC God that can make 5 men miss every catch

It's just frustrating man. I wouldn't care if Bryce threw 50 Interceptions or gets sacked 100 times.  just TRY to throw downfield at least. 

How much of this is Bryce not looking/not seeing deeper options and how much of it is playcalling? 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

You nailed it here 

That's not an excuse to attempt almost 0 intermediate or long ish throws. I've seen them hold blocks for long periods of time on some plays I'm literally counting the seconds Bryce has to throw. They don't immediately fold in 2 seconds every passing play. 

I've been watching film analysis videos of panther games and some plays Bryce has quite a while to throw. He just doesn't see dudes down field or chooses not to throw to them sometimes. He could also be checking out of some longer passes . So it's not 100% playcalling. 

• Pie 2

Relocating the team. They couldn’t throw the ball under cam and Rivera, they couldn’t throw the ball under rhule and all the QBs he brought in, and they can’t throw the ball now with Frank and Bryce. They’re cursed to be ass on offense and that’s not changing anytime soon obviously 

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

How do we know that they aren't calling aggressive playcalls and Bryce is changing it?  I guess nothing is Bryce's fault

If your rookie QB is allowed to change the play to only throw it within a 15 yard window while we have yet to win a game....I'd still end up saying we have bigger problems than at QB.