• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

I believe Tepper had influence with Bryce but from what Ive heard Fitterer has been in on Bryce for a while too. 

If you recall Frank was the last member of the council to give his vote.  Everyone had made it known in one way or another who they preferred. Just something to ponder about the situation we find ourselves in.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Are we sure the owner didn't influence the GM to make those moves? The owner has his hands all over this. He also writes the checks and if you want to keep getting one I would say that you should probably listen. 

It's hard to separate one from the other at this point.

It is hard to know exactly. Remember Fitterer talking about how in sync he and Frank were on the Young pick. I linked one article I found and I recall another one from Fitterer’s POV where he said they both agreed at the start and the end of the process. Tepper wasn’t mentioned at all by either.

https://www.panthers.com/news/frank-reich-scott-fitterer-reach-consensus-no-1-pick-2023-nfl-draft

Again, does anyone really believe that Tepper came up with the point guard analogy himself? Pretty sure that’s what Fitterer/Reich fed him so including Moore in the trade would seem like a smart move. All the Tepper being upset threads would seem to make sense as Tepper has now watched CMC and Moore excel away from Carolina.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If you recall Frank was the last member of the council to give his vote.  Everyone had made it known in one way or another who they preferred. Just something to ponder about the situation we find ourselves in.

I think Tepper wanted a rookie after missing out on Fields (bunch of reporters mentioned Tepper wanting him), but from the other articles it sure seemed like Frank and Scott were in lock step on Young. I think Tepper’s not real happy right now. He may have been all in on Young because he knew he was the pick or maybe he really wanted him as well.

Who knows, but the articles leading up to the draft and right after sure don’t paint a picture that Frank and Scott were forced to pick Young.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I think Tepper wanted a rookie after missing out on Fields (bunch of reporters mentioned Tepper wanting him), but from the other articles it sure seemed like Frank and Scott were in lock step on Young. I think Tepper’s not real happy right now. He may have been all in on Young because he knew he was the pick or maybe he really wanted him as well.

Who knows, but the articles leading up to the draft and right after sure don’t paint a picture that Frank and Scott were forced to pick Young.

I'm not saying they were forced to. I'm implying that Frank had to be convinced. From where I sit it wasn't always a conscious who the pick was going to be. Frank was the last one to get on board. If he had any convictions otherwise he ultimately chose who he chose and will love or die by it.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

We had Tepper being at practice with Dan Morgan.  Didn't see mention of Fitt being there with him in his immediate presence.  I think that's sending a message.  

We also had Bailey's reports that Tepper isn't happy and seats are getting really hot as a result, and that changes could be made soon.

Again, considering the epic levels of humiliation currently cooking up in our smorgasbord of fug ups that has been the Tepper Era, it's obvious Tepper is getting restless...  and this tree topper of a doozy - trading for the #1 pick then becoming the worst team in football - will be hard to live down, and thus someone will have to pay.

I give all of this info to lead me to my point of what I found to be further symptoms of the inevitable impending head rolling - Reich's Presser.  Local news in Raleigh did a cut up of his presser and he said belief like 10 times or more.  It's like he decided to latch on to some nebulous concept as a way to demonstrate "we're on the right path," even if you can't see it.  Sound familiar?  Yes.  It sounded eerily similar to Rhule's last stretch of post-game pressers before he was canned.  Reich seems to feel the heat, and you better believe when a coach starts telling you about all of the intangible things that make their team special when there isn't an inkling of that translating to the field, then they're already placing their head firmly in the sacrifical guillotine.  

I'm not sure if it happens this week, but I wouldn't be surprised.  And if not this week, I'm sure one of Fitt or Reich is gone after we lose to Miami.

I hope this ends up being the case. Hopefully both are gone to be honest.

There’s no way. Shaq is injured. Jaycee is injured. DJax is injured. Corbett is injured. 

If those guys are healthy this is a different team. We knew going into the year we traded our best receiver. So if you wanna fire Fitt for not going after Hop then sure…bc that was just idiotic to not try and get as many talented veterans around BY as possible. But other than that I don’t see any other moves. Reich isn’t getting fired this year unless he goes winless. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, ickmule said:

When you arE coerced into taking a quarterback in the draft that you did not want, how would you feel? I’m not a fan of Reich, but working for Tepper  has to be the low point of a career.  

I've no sympathy - he could have walked away after the Draft if he didn't want Young.

It was a franchise crippling trade if we picked the wrong guy - he had to know that. 

Reich is safe, probably will get another year to unsink this Titanic. Fitt on the other hand should probably be looking for openings elsewhere. He has made multiple errors in both free agents and draft picks. We have zero depth on this team. Promote Morgan before he gets outta Dodge.