• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do we still throw to Ian Thomas?

BIGH2001

Element of surprise maybe? I don’t know. He’s not a bad blocker. He really has improved there. Occasionally he whiffs a block or so but he still has the same route running and catching ability as his rookie season. I almost feel like he has regressed a bit in that aspect.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, UnluckyforSome said:

He is a complete waste of payroll.

Some have claimed he's good blocker. Even if that's true, more is expected from a TE in today's NFL, and no matter how good a blocker he might be, there's a very, very good chance that his production could be replaced and eclipsed at a savings.

Believe me, his blocking is not much better than his receiving. This guy is an underachiever that s/h never been re-signed considering lack f production and off-the-field indiscretions at the time. Another of the countless ways Rhule screwed us.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Beer 2

Because the scouting dept & coaches don’t value th position enough to find an upgrade? Or trade a seemingly solid option to JAX for DB that we need now? 

Besides Shockley in Olsen’s 1st year here, have the Panthers ever had 2 TEs that did anything? Walls never had a compliment, Mangum was solid/decent, Rosario Dawson was hot in ‘Sin City’, thought Jeff King might do something but it was just a thought, but zero attention/assistance for the TE1.. even that spot is back-burnered…