• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A host on Lions flagship radio proposes Williams + first for Burns

top dawg

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Williams is worth hardly anything right now. 2 years in the league, a suspension, an injury and 51 yards to his name. Gonna have to be more for me. But I get that we here at Carolina love giving away our players.

The real deal is Burns for a 1st. Williams is just a flyer.

• Pie 1

Hutchinson and Burns would EAT on 3rd downs

Lions are winning that division no doubt about it so the pick coming back would be mid 20’s at best 

I’d definitely be calling about other WR’s first if I was willing to trade Burns but whatever. They need to be doing all they can to make sure Bryce has every opportunity to succeed before we give a crap about the defense 

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

Williams is not a first round asset. He is an injury prone idiot. 

Wasnt williams the top rated wr in the 2022 draft and would have been the first taken if not hurt?  Not saying he is the answer but him and a first for burns (who is destined to simply walk) isnt a bad deal IMO.  Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. 

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Williams is not a first round asset. He is an injury prone idiot. 

Where do people come up with this stuff?!?!

Injury prone?

He missed most of his rookie season because of a torn ACL in college, that's a one time freak injury, not being injury prone.  And yes, he had I think a pulled hamstring at the end of training camp, but that's pretty standard in the NFL today and I think they even said at that time that if he wasn't suspended, he'd have been able to play through it, but with the upcoming suspension they just shut him down to be safe.

And the idiot part... I assume that's over the suspension.

Sure, stupid thing to get busted doing, but he wasn't betting on the NFL, he was betting on another sport and just did it from the facility.  I wouldn't call that being an idiot, it's called making a dumb mistake based on a dumb rule that clearly wasn't well told to all players given the number of them who got suspended over this stuff.  

I'm not saying hesitation over what he could be is unwarranted, even my Lions friends (I'm a Detroiter) aren't 100% sold on him just based on him not really being on the field much yet.  But to say he's injury prone or an idiot is just ridiculous.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PappyMay said:

Bryce is already familiar with him and should be some chemistry. Get a WR on a rookie deal instead of having to pay one. I'm all for this! Use Burn's money to lock up Luvu and Brown. Then get a 1st back!

This fanbase has gone downhill.

Fans are more concerned about not paying players than the actual player.

So what happens when it's time to pay Williams trade him for another player on a rookie deal?

It's funny watching you guys complain about a players worth. I can't wait to see the Brown contract topics next year.lmao

• Poo 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

This fanbase has gone downhill.

Fans are more concerned about not paying players than the actual player.

So what happens when it's time to pay Williams trade him for another player on a rookie deal?

It's funny watching you guys complain about a players worth. I can't wait to see the Brown contract topics next year.lmao

so you think Burns by himself is more valuable than Keeping Brown, Luvu, a 1st and Jameson Williams in this hypothetical trade? I was all for keeping Burns and paying him 28million but at this point I'm not expecting it and feel like he's going to get the tag and trade treatment this offseason. Fan base going downhill is comical? Have you seen the post in this place? I'm an optimist compared to 90% of this place.

• Flames 1