• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce the Only rookie QB to be making adjustments at the line so far. Panthers plan on dialing it back

ncfan

36 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I really don't understand skipping the basic rookie approach of working them up from the beginning with a decent run game. They really didn't need to reinvent a whole new process of whatever the fug all of this is. 

The reason to reinvent that processes = win now.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

With the game on the line, Ryans and Slowik put the play-calling duties in the hands of their rookie quarterback, and he manipulated the Falcons defenders perfectly to find tight end Dalton Schultz running up the seams for an 18-yard touchdown.

“Me and Bobby had a conversation on the sideline about a certain route that we wanted to do,” said Stroud on Wednesday. “We didn’t have it in at practice. I told Dalton to do a certain thing in his route that I thought would not only get us a first down but a touchdown. We were on the same page, but I was literally trying to break down exactly what I wanted from him in the huddle. At first I don’t think it registered, but then he said, ‘Okay, I get it.’

“Dalton is really smart and made a hell of a route. I was just being instinctive and putting my guys in the best position to make plays and win games and in that instance it was really special and Bobby was really happy on the sideline. He [Slowik] was a part of that too when I was talking on the sideline about doing it and he said, ‘If you are feeling it, just go ahead and make a play.’”

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/11/c-j-stroud-texans-final-offensive-drive-falcons/

Stroud got the exact look he wanted and was telling the TE to run a route they weren’t even practicing while in the huddle and it resulted in the go ahead touchdown to put them up. Sure it’s not an audible once they got to the line but that’s because he knew the defense. 

But it also pretty sure I’ve seen Stroud and AR change plays up and audible out of bad spots. Not sure where this article is coming from. 

Dude we get it. You're 100% sure Bryce sucks.  

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Wasn't the whole reason we drafted him was because he already did this stuff at a high level?

This is just embarrassing at this point, we screwed the pooch so badly on this one, even if Bryce does manage to turn things around and make a solid career for himself, the trade will forever be a bad one with what he gave up to get a guy who clearly wasn't the most pro ready QB of the bunch like we were told.

And obviously lowest ceiling

9 hours ago, frankw said:

The people entering threads just to do a hater count on anyone not towing the company line to their liking should save their strength. There's still a lot of football left.

Lot of football left and it surprisingly can also get a lot worse.

13 hours ago, frankw said:

The people entering threads just to do a hater count on anyone not towing the company line to their liking should save their strength. There's still a lot of football left.

It's gunna get so much worse too. With every loss the sunshine pumping crew will get smaller and smaller. lol  Happens every year

• Beer 1