• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agent 89 does it again

NAS

6 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I mean, he didn't say "ninja" so you have to ask how he meant it the both times he called Smitty the word. It wasn't like "dude" or "bro" that's for sure. It was confrontational.

He didn't say "mess" either. Steve was trying to apologize and Jeudy said fug you 

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 2

11 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Man I miss everything about what Steve Smith did for this franchise.

To this day I believe Carolina would have beat Denver in SB 50 if Smitty was still with the team that season. He was the missing spark/element that we needed to get over the emotional letdown (that Cam never seemed to recover from) of the sack fumble by Von Miller. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Sounds very much like something a 20-something Steve Smith would say when faced with criticism...

Probably so. But 3 catches for 14 yards after getting in a spot with an announcer and being publicly called out on national TV by that announcer for being a JAG highlights the difference between Smitty and Jeudy. Smitty would've gone full blood and guts on the Chiefs after that.

• Pie 5

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably so. But 3 catches for 14 yards after getting in a spot with an announcer and being publicly called out on national TV by that announcer for being a JAG highlights the difference between Smitty and Jeudy. Smitty would've gone full blood and guts on the Chiefs after that.

In that offense with Russell Wilson at QB? 

I’m not trying to overly defend Jeudy. I wouldn’t be willing to part with much for him but he’s played with garbage at QB since entering the league. 

13 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

In that offense with Russell Wilson at QB? 

I’m not trying to overly defend Jeudy. I wouldn’t be willing to part with much for him but he’s played with garbage at QB since entering the league. 

A lot of folks try to paint Jake as a garbage QB through revisionism. It's not like Wilson was missing all these opportunities where Jeudy was getting wide open. Jeudy was a non-factor because he didn't do anything. His one impactful catch was schemed up by putting him at RB to get one on one with a LB. 

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Sounds very much like something a 20-something Steve Smith would say when faced with criticism...

I think you are right, however a 20 something Steve Smith worked his ass off and made a name for himself.  A 20 something Smith would have also made it a point publicly humiliated said announcer and backed it up with good play.  Jeudy is none of those things.  This is an "ice up son" moment from the commentators booth.  

• Pie 2

Yeah, his career is over. Sure, he will be able to be good enough to hang around for several more years..score a TD every now and then, but he is 100% just a dude…average at best. Been called out and made a fool of by two ex NFL players. Doesn’t seem like he is a dawg. 

trading a second rounder for him or giving up Chinn…..placing unrealistic expectations on him to be some sort of star the watching him amount to nothing and releasing him in two years is exactly the type of trade this team would make. 

• Pie 1