• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Bandwagon, Deep Throws

RumHam

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

He is gone 1 year after a coaching change. If the new HC runs a halfway decent scheme he will have to play in a formation other than shotgun arounf 10% of the time. That doesn't look to end well.

Y'all have lost your mind if you think Tepper is going to sign off on cutting or trading Bryce after 1-2 years.

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I feel like the issue with the deep ball is more timing between Bryce and the receivers, coupled with the lack of pass protection. There was one deep shot to Chark yesterday that Bryce got rushed on that would have likely been a TD with better protection.

Yeah no sugar coating that one. He flat out missed it.

Bryce has zero chemistry with anyone other than Thielen. Even that 3rd and 1 play before the 4th down play him and Chark didn’t connect. Looked like Bryce expected him to slide away from LB but Chark sat down

I don’t really think that’s Young’s fault. These guys aren’t getting open so they’re not seeing a lot of targets. A guy like Chark isn’t much of a route runner to begin with 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Y'all have lost your mind if you think Tepper is going to sign off on cutting or trading Bryce after 1-2 years.

I said a year after a new HC. He will get his shot on a rookie deal with a new coaching staff unless they keep Frank 4 years or they bring in a HC for Bryce which really would be more of the same.

I also think you of all people shouldn't be calling people crazy either. It's so bad that anything is possible. Tepper is literally capable of any dumbassery anyone can think up here.

Edited by Waldo

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that was Bryce thinking that Hurst was going to veer outside to the corner, but Hurst veered inside. It looked like a chemistry issue.

Yeah CBS showed a replay during the broadcast and you can see Hurst was trying to get front pylon and Young went back pylon. 

Hurst wasn’t able to get to the front pylon so I’m thinking back pylon was where it was supposed to go

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that was Bryce thinking that Hurst was going to veer outside to the corner, but Hurst veered inside. It looked like a chemistry issue.

I'd have to see it again but live it looked the defender made contact when he was about to cut and that threw the route off

My biggest concern with the deep throws isn’t the timing which is obviously an issue. Bryce will never be like cam where he would see the deep guy and just chuck it. He’s going to need reps and good receivers and timing like brees did in his prime. 

my biggest concern is how often he throws the ball out of bounds on sideline throws. 

the safety is almost certainly not back there because we haven’t hit a deep pass all season. Throw it to the inside shoulder and let someone make a play. 

• Pie 5

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reality is, Teddy Bridgewater attacked the field deep more than Bryce Young. 

I just came here to say the same.  I said in the GameDay thread that I remember telling some friends that aren't Panther fans that Teddy was by far the most frustrating QB we've ever had to watch week to week, mostly because he was so risk averse so he defaulted to check downs on the regular.  I have to amend that...  Bryce has now supplanted him in that spot, because having watched both, Teddy didn't want to throw deep, but he very infrequently would and was capable of hitting them...  he at least was close when he attempted.  I think yesterday was the first or second attempt of 20+ yards Bryce has attempted in like 3 weeks, and again, none of them are close.

I also said in the GameDay thread that so many of the things people are blaming his troubles on are a result of his inability to attempt and complete deep throws to stretch the defenses, so they're able to compress the field into about a 15 x 15 yard box.  And the same football experts that find constant excuses for Bryce and his issues amazingly struggle to see that the lack of a threat of a deep pass compresses the field which makes routes harder to run in that space, the run game impossible to get going bc they stack the box, and it allows them to be more aggressive in rushing the passer which affects the OL.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

my biggest concern is how often he throws the ball out of bounds on sideline throws. 

Same. Every time he’s gone deep the ball seems to land out of bounds and in a way that I’m not sure it would even be possible to come down with it inbounds. 

I guess there was that one throw to Chark against the Vikings that was grossly underthrown that he kept inbounds and it drew a flag

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Same. Every time he’s gone deep the ball seems to land out of bounds and in a way that I’m not sure it would even be possible to come down with it inbounds. 

I guess there was that one throw to Chark against the Vikings that was grossly underthrown that he kept inbounds and it drew a flag

I clocked that Chark pass at 50mph and he was really trying to sling it

He does not have to “jump shoot” any pass longer than 10 yards lol. Watch the 25 yard flat footed beam he threw to Thielen while being hit yesterday. Hell, watch the deep ball. Does he look like he’s jumping?

I do think he is scared to throw a pick on these deep shots, and that’s why literally every single one has been missed long. He doesn’t want a defender to have a chance at it, but he’s not giving our guy a chance at it either. It’s okay to under throw a deep ball especially when the defender is beat. Let the receiver work back to it, or draw a PI. But give it a chance