• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is JC Horn marketable?

Kick

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I get he is cheap now.  But that's also what would make him potentially attractive to a good team. 

you want them to extend and pay a DB that has been that comically injured? If you don't.....then he isn't part of our plans.  Even if he balls out this team isn't going to do anything next year.   So he just ends up walking.  Why not get stuff for assets that aren't part of the long term plan.  Because our future success would have to be in the long term not short term. 

I dont wanna extend him.  I wanna let the next year play out and see how he does.  Hopefully they sign a legit corner opposite of him.  Sleepy and Donte "Toast" Jackson aint it.

There’s no reason to move him. You’re not going to get anything for him in return that you wouldn’t get at this point next season if we’re still having this same discussion. Having him under control at low cost for an additional season outpaces the late pick you’d get for moving him.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

No it wouldn’t be prudent to trade our only corner who also happens to still be on his rookie deal with a 5th year option.    Keep him and sign someone legit opposite him.  

Just as soon as we trade him he's going to turn into a man of steel. 🤣 The football gods hate us. On an off note, that makes me think that we might want to put Burns in some bubble wrap.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

Why are some assuming Horn is not part of our future plans? He has ~three years remaining (including the rest of 2023) on his rookie contract and has shown pro bowl caliber talent when healthy. 

We suck this year. We’ll be better next year, and we’ll have a 1st round pick in 2025. Endure and survive a miserable 2024 without giving away the value we have, and things will tick up. 

Edited by ECHornet

7 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Why are some assuming Horn is not part of our future plans? He has ~three years remaining (including the rest of 2023) on his rookie contract and has shown pro bowl caliber talent when healthy. 

We suck this year. We’ll be better next year, and we’ll have a 1st round pick in 2025. Endure and survive a miserable 2024 without giving away the value we have, and things will tick up. 

he has 2 years remaining after this year and that would include picking up his 5th year extension. 

to date he has played in 42% of our games with no sign of suiting up any time soon. 

why would you want to pay a guy like that?  Exceptions shouldn't be the rule.  We already lucked into a freak exception with Thomas Davis.  You shouldn't pay someone made of glass because it MIGHT change.   And what's Horn's best game to date.  Who did he shutdown?  I mean, he had crazy potential.  I think he has it pending he could ever stay healthy.  But he hasn't even been healthy enough to ever show anything of note. 

Just now, CRA said:

he has 2 years remaining after this year and that would include picking up his 5th year extension. 

to date he has played in 42% of our games with no sign of suiting up any time soon. 

why would you want to pay a guy like that?  Exceptions shouldn't be the rule.  We already lucked into a freak exception with Thomas Davis.  You shouldn't pay someone made of glass because it MIGHT change. 

Good thing we don’t have to make the decision to pay him yet. 

• Poo 1

I would take a 6th round pick and then spend it on a CB that is healthy over him at this point. 

Unfortunately he is the type of player that will be had on a prove it deal soon after being cut. They should have tried to trade him before the year for a 3rd or 4th given that they were already tied to Jackson who has even less value with that contract. Now it's probably a conditional pick later for Horn or being tied to 2 CBs you can not rely on. 

He won't see his 5th year option either way. 

Don’t sell low on the kid. He’s super talented when on the field. He couldn’t possibly miss more time than he already has. If he can come back and stay healthy the rest of the way we could move him in the offseason or extend him for cheap. He has no high dollar value on the market because he’s missed time every season. 

• Pie 2

To me, the only untouchable players to trade this year if I'm Fitterer:

• Bryce Young
  • Taylor Moton
  • Icky Ekwonu
  • Adam Theilen (massive surprise but he's our only dependable receiver)
  • Mingo (just b/c he's a rookie and I think he can develop with Bryce)
  • Brian Burns (unless we get at least 2 1sts or the equivalent and even then, I probably wouldn't)
  • Derrick Brown
  • Jaycee Horn
  • Frankie Luvu

Trading Horn would be another failure.  He's had bad luck with freak injuries.  It can happen to anyone.  I can't imagine how much worse this place would be had we taken AR and then him gotten hurt and out for the year.

Horn's also the only CB on the roster who can play man against legit WR1.  If you haven't noticed, the Panthers play way more zone than they did Week 1 before Horn got hurt.  It does very much change the defense, and not in a good way.  

Our defense sucks b/c the pass rush is not consistently getting pressure (mostly b/c Burns & Brown are doubled and no one else can win).  And b/c of this, QB's have the time to pick our zone apart, just like Tua did in an easy clinic.

And we saw what happened when Evero got tired of watching Tua destroying our zone and decided to get more aggressive... he put 26 one-on-one with Hill and that was the easiest money all day...

Just like Burns, other than a franchise QB, elite pass rushers and elite CB's are the most valuable positions on the roster.

Trading Horn would be one of the stupidest moves this FO could make.

• Pie 1