• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Someone told Diggs they were talking about trading him to Carolina.  He is playing better today and so far not yapping as much.

I apologize, what do you mean told him, bills front office? Was he the player who wasn’t feeling it according to Josina? 

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nope, that ship has sailed.  I was PLEADING that we do that prior to the Vikings game when Byrce was coming off a bum ankle.  Perfect time for a mini-benching with excuse built in.  Nah, we are going to straight 'David Carr' him (yes, I used a person as a verb) in crap-tacular fashion.  Giving Bryce one extra JAG WR isn't going to move the needle one iota. That's my point that is lost on some folks, trading for a mediocre dude, while better than Mingo and TMJ, isn't going to accomplish much except further deplete our limited draft capital and add to unnecessarily to our cap overhead while giving the staff that one extra stupid reason to keep Bryce out there.

You can't trade THAT much for a QB then not play him, sorry.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Someone told Diggs they were talking about trading him to Carolina.  He is playing better today and so far not yapping as much.

She wasn't talking about Diggs.

The moment the Bills trade Diggs their SB chances are gone. Bills in win now mode they wouldn't think about trading Diggs unless he pulls a Antonio Brown.

• Pie 3

Diggs wants to win and catch a ton of passes, not one without the other.

Right now we literally are the worst fit in the NFL for him, we suck and we don't have the QB to get him the ball the way he'd like.

It would go down like the Hindenburg, and that's before even considering the fact that there is no trade we could make with the Bills to make them do that.

On 10/21/2023 at 4:50 PM, tukafan21 said:

This season is no longer about trying to contend, it has 1 goal and only 1 goal, to expedite Bryce's development.

I'm good with overpaying to get a WR to help with that, but it has to be someone who is young, can be kept long term, and most importantly WANTS to be here.  We can't get stuck with a diva WR who is unhappy with losing and it spreading like a cancer to the rest of the team, particularly the offense and Bryce.

Pick two: gamechanger, cheap, young. 

12 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Diggs wants to win and catch a ton of passes, not one without the other.

Right now we literally are the worst fit in the NFL for him, we suck and we don't have the QB to get him the ball the way he'd like.

It would go down like the Hindenburg, and that's before even considering the fact that there is no trade we could make with the Bills to make them do that.

Disagree. I think if we have a WR that can actually separate, I think Bryce would get him the ball. I mean, look at AT, who isn't getting great separation. 

I’ve shifted my focus to the Chargers WR room.

Next year, they’ll have the following WRs under contract:

Keenan Allen

Mike Williams

Josh Palmer

Quentin Johnston (2023 1st Round pick)

Derius Davis (2023 4th Round pick)

As of now, 2024 is the last year of contracts for Allen, Williams, and Palmer. They will be looking to move on from one of them, at minimum, after spending a 1st & 4th on Johnston & Davis this year. My guess is Williams due to the cap savings. 

While Williams would be a good pickup assuming he’s cut or they cover some of the cost, I see Palmer as the prize. Palmer is 24 yo and looks to have the floor of a top end #2 WR. If we can package Jackson or Chinn with a mid-to-late-round pick to attain Palmer this off-season, I hope we make it happen. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Pick two: gamechanger, cheap, young. 

Only need to pick one, game changer.

What I was talking about there was purely in regards to "overpaying" for someone, and if we do that, they need to be young enough to be here a while.  But I'm fine spending market value for a game changer who might be in their late 20's or even 30, I just wouldn't "overspend" for someone at that age.

Essentially I'm saying I'd be fine overspending for someone like Higgins or even a Devonta Smith if the Eagles decide they don't want to, or just can't, pay for 2 big dollar WRs (not saying I think he'll specifically be available, but those type of players have become available in recent offseasons like Tyreek or Brown).

But if someone like a Davante Adams was willing to come here and not complain and be a distraction, I wouldn't have issue paying market value even though he's older, as it's less about paying for the WR as much as it is paying for Bryce's development.