• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do the Panthers move forward in a tanked season

Verge

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

How do they move forward? By trading everything not nailed down, firing Fitterer and everyone in the Front Office and letting Reich see out the season before pressuring him into retirement to save face.

This is it. and hiring Thomas Brown as the head coach.

16 hours ago, Verge said:

A little piece I wrote about the rest of Carolina's season. 

A couple notes:

-I don't think Burns is available but they should listen

-I definitely think they are in the WR market for a couple of guys

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/25/panthers-bye-week-frank-reich-bryce-young-thomas-brown

you write sports articles and you believe tanking is an actual thing?

woo boy...

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I see this a lot, but reality is we didn't trade away two first round picks. We traded away next year's and swapped picks this year.

Don't steal their hyperbole, people want to riot. 

It's more provocative to say WE GAVE UP TWO 1sts, when in fact by all accounts its WAY better than the 49ers deal.

They get a pass because their team as a whole is excellent, and they have a top 3 offensive mind as the HC and play-caller. 

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

Don't steal their hyperbole, people want to riot. 

It's more provocative to say WE GAVE UP TWO 1sts, when in fact by all accounts its WAY better than the 49ers deal.

They get a pass because their team as a whole is excellent, and they have a top 3 offensive mind as the HC and play-caller. 

Actually it's not. 

SF gave up the 21st(800) in 21, 29th(640) in 22, and 23" is YTD but lets give it a value of 24th(740), for a total of 2180 according to the trade value chart. Unless something drastically changes, the Panthers will end up with a top 3 pick, the lowest of which is valued at 2200. Take out the 9th we already gave up, value 1350, and we need to finish no worse than 20th best team in the league to break even with the SF trade for Lance and that doesn't include the 2 2nds or DJ Moore we sent or the 22' 3rd they sent. 

While the trade value chart isn't perfect, it does provide some perspective on the value of picks. But to say that the 49ers 3 1sts hold more value than our 2 1sts isn't accurate. 

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Verge said:

A little piece I wrote about the rest of Carolina's season. 

A couple notes:

-I don't think Burns is available but they should listen

-I definitely think they are in the WR market for a couple of guys

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/25/panthers-bye-week-frank-reich-bryce-young-thomas-brown

I was wondering if you would post here anymore.  Thanks Verge!

High School Party GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Actually it's not. 

SF gave up the 21st(800) in 21, 29th(640) in 22, and 23" is YTD but lets give it a value of 24th(740), for a total of 2180 according to the trade value chart. Unless something drastically changes, the Panthers will end up with a top 3 pick, the lowest of which is valued at 2200. Take out the 9th we already gave up, value 1350, and we need to finish no worse than 20th best team in the league to break even with the SF trade for Lance and that doesn't include the 2 2nds or DJ Moore we sent or the 22' 3rd they sent. 

While the trade value chart isn't perfect, it does provide some perspective on the value of picks. But to say that the 49ers 3 1sts hold more value than our 2 1sts isn't accurate. 

It's been a long day and my numbers for the 9ers were off by a year for draft position, I own that. but the overall premise is still valid. 

The corrected numbers are 

1200 in 21, 800 and 640 for a total of 2640. Minus the 1350 we paid with our 9 leaves 1290 remaining or a 10th spot value. So we would need to finish 10th this year to break even with the 9ers 3 1sts offer. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I don’t think most of you realize the division is still winnable even at 0-6. It’s still a race to 8/9 wins. We’re behind in that race, but looking at the schedule 8-3 to close out the season isn’t impossible. 

I don't drink, but I'll have some of what you're having - although I suspect it's what you're smoking. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I don’t think most of you realize the division is still winnable even at 0-6. It’s still a race to 8/9 wins. We’re behind in that race, but looking at the schedule 8-3 to close out the season isn’t impossible. 

LMAO cmon guy are you serious right now?

I dig your optimism but this team is toast. We are the worst team in football just being real.

In this type of circumstance, you have be honest with where the team's at if you're Tepper (which is obviously not happening)

I would quietly put Morgan in a position to make an honest assessment of the talent we have from now until season's end. Who is worth retaining into a new core that we can restructure from.  Fitt has disappeared from Panthers marketing material everywhere so I think the writing is on the wall he will be the first casualty.  

And if Sunday is a Texans loss coming off a bye, then I think a Steichen/Minshew loss & going to 0-9 will get Reich fired.  It's super rare, but I think it would be absolutely warranted if we can't muster any wins in this stretch. 

That would give Evero or Brown the opportunity to start off as interim against Chicago.  Strange times.