• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School week 8

bigpoppa

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He legit has a personal problem with Adam Thielen and he's letting it jeopardize his content. It's honestly the only explanation at this point.

Thielen is carrying our entire passing game. There's no two ways about it.

his problem with Thelin is he's slow.

it's not abt Adam being onb the field, it's abt Adam being our primary target.

• Pie 1

I would say the criticism towards Thielen is ultimately on his utilization on roles that really don't suit him at this point of his career. Having to give away DJ was a massive blow although everything I remember tells me Chicago was only going to make the deal if he was part of the package. More annoyed at the Bears than anything else.

I am pleased that the big play to Mingo was overall good execution and not blown coverage. Obviously would like to see more of this but have to start somewhere.

8 hours ago, CLG said:

one other receiver got credit for doing anything in that video and that was Mingo. Seems to be a consistent thing.

What other receiver did anything worth mentioning? No one. Outside of Thielen and very occasionally Mingo there is no receiver in this offense worth saying a single word about

12 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s been like this all year 

Like I’ve said, give Bryce league average speed at WR and we’d have something good right now. Bryce is getting the most out of what he has now and that’s basically all we can ask. 

His pocket awareness, accuracy, anticipation is really showing up now. My only hope is that this situation doesn’t break him before it can get better. Baffles me they chose to sit on their hands yesterday and are fine with this sh!t show continuing 

He's getting better every week, so I'm less worried about him being irrevocably rattled than I was after the first couple of games. I think he'll be fine until the offseason when we can (hopefully) get him some good weapons.

• Pie 1

I really enjoy the QB School, and I'm always glad when he uploads a new Bryce video. I think he's even handed, and he actually probably more than any other person has talked me down from the "Bryce is a Bust" ledge. Because he does a very good job illustrating and articulating how impossible Bryce's situation is on every play.

As someone who never played the sport at any level, it's verging on too technical for me, but he's a nice middle ground between the very superficial annotated highlight videos, and the really detailed analysis that I just frankly can't keep up with.

As for the Thielen bashing, he's fair, and frankly Ickey got dogged on lot worse than Adam did in that video.

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I really enjoy the QB School, and I'm always glad when he uploads a new Bryce video. I think he's even handed, and he actually probably more than any other person has talked me down from the "Bryce is a Bust" ledge. Because he does a very good job illustrating and articulating how impossible Bryce's situation is on every play.

As someone who never played the sport at any level, it's verging on too technical for me, but he's a nice middle ground between the very superficial annotated highlight videos, and the really detailed analysis that I just frankly can't keep up with.

As for the Thielen bashing, he's fair, and frankly Ickey got dogged on lot worse than Adam did in that video.

JT is VERY high on Bryce and pretty much has been since Week 1.  He is critical when its called for, but most of the time its high praise on his vision, decision making, accuracy and especially his anticipation, which JT has said is already some of the best in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Thielen is slower than many NFL receivers.  Don't care.  He catches it.  

Mingo and Chark are supposed to be the downfield threats.    

Mingo is a raw rookie WR that isn't even coming off a dominant college career.  That has always made him a project.  I think Mingo while young actually projects best in the role Thielen has locked up.  

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he's slow. He's 33. We moved him to the slot to give him new life. But even being slow he's getting open and catching football. Bitch about the two 2nd round picks who aren't.

Yeah that's fair. I'm just saying why it's not exactly unhinged to criticize AT for being slow. He is. It is what it is, he's our best receiver, but that shows what sad state of affairs we are in.

I think Mingo can improve. We just need a new WR coach I think. Or for 89 to come out and give a talking to. We need Chark to be something useful. We need Mingo to develop and be a dawg. We need TMJ to contribute. We're just slow out there and it's dampening our offense worse.

10 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

I would say the criticism towards Thielen is ultimately on his utilization on roles that really don't suit him at this point of his career. Having to give away DJ was a massive blow although everything I remember tells me Chicago was only going to make the deal if he was part of the package. More annoyed at the Bears than anything else.

I am pleased that the big play to Mingo was overall good execution and not blown coverage. Obviously would like to see more of this but have to start somewhere.

Burns and Brown were both on the table but Fitterer said no to them. Screwed the pooch twice with potential Burns trades, as having DJ would be fantastic for Bryce.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Mingo is a raw rookie WR that isn't even coming off a dominant college career.  That has always made him a project.  I think Mingo while young actually projects best in the role Thielen has locked up.  

I know, just saying he would be more of a downfield deep ball threat than Theilen, at least speed wise.  And he did have the longest completion of the game, counting yac.  

Fwiw, I think a lot of this is still a work in progress, but I do find the play of the line, especially the left tackle, disconcerting.  

13 hours ago, thebdawg said:

What other receiver did anything worth mentioning? No one. Outside of Thielen and very occasionally Mingo there is no receiver in this offense worth saying a single word about

I think Mingo is starting to click. He looked a lot better, even with that drop on 3rd down. I anticipate that he'll show some more on Sunday against the Colts. And funny enough, I think Tremble will as well.