• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Brandt tells people to "pump the brakes" on calling Bryce Young a bust

Dorian Gray

23 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

i hate this team and i hate the fans even more yall are pathetic. this fan base is ass. empty ass stadiums. yall suck. 

So you are at every game I take it? Please tell us all how you are such a great fan and everyone else is not, I would love to be enlightened. Perhaps from you I can learn how to be a great fan since you apparently set the benchmark.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are QB School videos posted after every game with extensive analysis of his performance.

How much are the resident hot take artists participating in those outside of dropping in to say "nyah he sucks" or "that guy doesn't know what he's talking about"?

I'm speaking to the context of the NFL.com/ESPN realm.  There's solid content if you seek it no doubt.

As always, there's a good balance to find between proclaiming a young kid a bust and that he's infallible because of how bad the supporting cast is.  

He's done some good, there's good content out there, there's no issue supporting him.  

Proceed with passively bashing eachother...

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

cherry picking other qb rookie seasons is just a cheap and simple take

Agreed

Every situation is different. How one QB threw for X amount of interceptions or has a X-X record is different than how the other guy got there and those things do help shape the bigger picture 

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

You of all people should go easy with this after all your months of propping up Scott Fitterer.

See, here's where there's a basic misunderstanding...

I'm not propping him up. I'm saying there hasn't been enough time to rightfully evaluate him given the situations.

You've got two years under Matt Rhule followed by a total coaching shift and a rookie quarterback. We're basically in the first season of Reich/Fitterer as a combo, and throw in additions like Adrian Wilson who came in too late to have much of an impact on this offseason but could be important next year.

Throw in that the guy making the decisions is an owner who has no clue what he's doing and I'm just not up for resetting things all over again.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See, here's where there's a basic misunderstanding...

I'm not propping him up. I'm saying there hasn't been enough time to rightfully evaluate him given the situations.

You've got two years under Matt Rhule followed by a total coaching shift and a rookie quarterback. We're basically in the first season of Reich/Fitterer as a combo, and throw in additions like Adrian Wilson who came in too late to have much of an impact on this offseason but could be important next year.

Throw in that the guy making the decisions is an owner who has no clue what he's doing and I'm just not up for resetting things all over again.

Personally, I'm good on finding out what more damage he could do with a 4th offseason.

Plenty of other candidates out there I'd rather take a chance on.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Never been a fan of comparing players or teams. 
It just comes off as cringe and lazy by the people who do it. 

Just like simply stating if you fix certain things around him he will improve is also lazy. Him not translating his game to the pros has nothing to do with the help around him.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Same mold of folks we're calling him the next Steph Curry back in April.

Most people are done with talk. It's time to see it with our own eyes.

The off season was so easy for a lot of folks because all they could do is talk and spread the hype. I said all that is gonna flip once the games start. Harding the talk things into existence when you gotta actually prove it and thats what i see with bryce. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1