• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns 55th in league with 17 pressures

jamos14

25 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Burns has played very poorly the past two games, not to mention the ejection.  He got worked by Wirfs and was a non-impact starter.  

Bigger picture, he still holds a lot of value by simply being a versatile pass-rusher.  But he's not providing enough for us and what we need for a guy warranted that high of share of the DL allocation.  He's a pass rusher, poor run defender...so his pass rushing better be dominant, yet here it sits, in the NFCS, at 6 sacks (36th/t) 

I also think it's now clear that he doesn't want to play here.  He didn't get traded, so then he was waiting to see the market work itself out.  It reset a bit, he realized he can possible get $30 mil.  Meanwhile, he got to see how good the team was this year, which as we all know imploded before even taking off.  

You can just see it. He doesn't want to be here and he wants the dinero.  

It would make sense if we did what Tepp/Fitt/Reich expected us to do this year (compete).  But now, we've honestly got more to build than last season which is hard to fathom.  So he's waiting, it will likely be a tag & trade.  The crappy thing is that he still has leverage at this point as bad as he's been.  That's again, another thing on Fitterer.

See, I don’t even view him as a versatile pass rusher.  The more I watch dudes like Crosby and the likes….the more one dimensional Burns looks in his pass rushing.  Got guys like Trent Williams talking about the deep bag of tricks guys like Crosby have…Burns seems overly dependent on that outside speed rush.   And without pressure up the middle Burns becomes invisible as a result. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im sick n tired of you Burns haters shitting on this dude every week. My goodness grow up!

I hope we give this dude 30mil a year just to piss off half the fanbase.

#InBurnsWeTrust

Nah.. Id love for him to have 15 sacks so I'd agree with you, but he doesn't.. So clearly fitterer made the wrong choice. He's made nothing but the wrong choices 

Edited by uncfan888

There’s not an OC in the league that stays awake at night thinking about Burns. He is a good player (when he wants to be), but he thinks he’s a DUDE and wants to get payed accordingly. 

Dudes don’t need help to make plays. Miles Garrett, TJ Watt, Mack, Peppers, etc. Those are DUDES. With the way Brown has been destroying guys, Garrett on this defense right now would have 12 sacks, minimum. Reddick? 

I just want to know who is advising him to play give up ball in a contract year? If he plays the whole season the way he started the Atlanta game, he would be leading the league in sacks, tfl, and forced fumbles…. And naming his price. Instead, it’s a really bad look. Either sit out, or play your ass off. It’s like he wanted to sit out, but didn’t want to be fined for doing so. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

have at it

some fuging doozies in there

Turns out a competent DC like Evero can do wonders with the JAGs we have opposite Burns.

I had no idea we'd trade away the only receiver we had who was worth a damn in order to get a QB. Those 2 first round picks would have negated that price tag and really helped us out. Hindsight being 50/50 (Miss you Cam) we should have been all over that trade.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

See, I don’t even view him as a versatile pass rusher.  The more I watch dudes like Crosby and the likes….the more one dimensional Burns looks in his pass rushing.  Got guys like Trent Williams talking about the deep bag of tricks guys like Crosby have…Burns seems overly dependent on that outside speed rush.   And without pressure up the middle Burns becomes invisible as a result. 

He looks undersized even at his frame. He’s too built for finesse and not enough in the legs to power through people. Almost like he’s a basketball player just trying to spin around dudes.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

True. His move set isn’t that crafty. He does have an inside spin and swim but they’ve been getting stopped by the average tackles. He just hasn’t been able to go from this solid rusher with star potential to that star level. Fools gold.

There are a lot of edge rushers I would take over him in this league.

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im sick n tired of you Burns haters shitting on this dude every week. My goodness grow up!

I hope we give this dude 30mil a year just to piss off half the fanbase.

#InBurnsWeTrust

Our fan base is already pissed off dude.