• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who we should have drafted? (Sarcasm while crying)

WarPanthers89

38 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Don't tell @frankw that D.J. Moore is not a true WR1. He will have conniptions.

I've always said that Moore needed more consistency. We needed another true WR1 when we had him. If the Bears somehow land Harrison Jr., that would likely free up Moore to be the high end WR2 that he's proven to be. As for us, we need a WR1 and a WR2, a legit TE...basically everything.

Why are we rehashing this again exactly?

He's 9th in receiving yards with inconsistent Justin Fields and a backup for a few games throwing the ball to him in Chicago of all places. Clearly we miss his presence.

But he isn't walking back through the door.

• Beer 3

Hindsight being what it is you definitely take Stroud. If you could draft all players in the NFL right now Stroud would be a top 10 and maybe even top five overall pick. 

The trade itself wasn't bad, it never really was, it was missing. 

That being said for the revisionist's who never wanted to trade, you take Jalen Carter at 9. Ride the season with Matt Corral being absolutely terrible like we are right now and take Drake Maye this year 

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

Just a reminder, as somebody who has lost faith in Young, he HAS played better than Trevor Lawrence did in his first 10 games.

He COULD turn it around next season. But he has about 10 games next year before I'm calling for his head.

I'll give him five. If he shows something in just one of those games, or in the next five...

2 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

Now do this for Trevor Lawrence rookie season and realize how dumb you sound to non-reactionaries 

Yep. Over and over in the last game they showed our WRs being blanketed while Bryce was getting very little time to get the ball off. 

• Poo 2

25 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Yep. Over and over in the last game they showed our WRs being blanketed while Bryce was getting very little time to get the ball off. 

and the overthrows and throws in the dirt?   I cant possibly imagine being so handcuffed to a player that you have to die on some stupid ass hills over and over again

• Pie 4

I was on board from the announcement that there would be a Carolina NFL team. Long time now. We’ve had some drafts where I wasn’t sold on the player, including Cam. I wouldn’t have been sold on Stroud fwiw, but I knew he should have been the pick. Last minute after that S2 stuff I said if he is really that stupid then take Richardson. Anybody but Young was my thing and I was freaking serious  

Except for one player. I Never posted pleas and prayers that they not take any of the draft picks until Young. And they took him. fug them, fug any other fools that look right at it and can’t see. If he ever plays a full or most of a full season as  starting quarterback on a team that makes the playoffs, even in this poo division, I’ll show myself out. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

We were a QB, stud TE, OL depth, Speedster WR and some run stoppers away from being a borderline playoff team.

Our line was mauling teams. We averaged over 200 yards a game with a castoff RB who almost was a truck driver. 

A stud TE, Chark and a serviceable QB and that’s a playoff team. Chark, DJ, stud TE, Foreman and that line? How do you downgrade every position on the team purposely in 1 season? How? How is every single aspect of this team that much worse?

And now this. all of a sudden it’s the worst line in the league. A 15 yard play feels like something special and the players look like the walking dead. Brown and Luvu are the only ones preventing every run from going for 6. Just try and imagine a game where they’re both out. Hint: take the over.

This team is Chernobyl. A melt down that was completely self induced. If things remained untouched, just left alone , we may not be good, but at least it wouldn’t be completely embarrassing.

There are 2, maybe 3 people on our defense responsible for opponents keeping the score under 35. Without Brown, Frankie and Woods… good lord. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, lightsout said:

Just a reminder, as somebody who has lost faith in Young, he HAS played better than Trevor Lawrence did in his first 10 games.

He COULD turn it around next season. But he has about 10 games next year before I'm calling for his head.

3 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

Now do this for Trevor Lawrence rookie season and realize how dumb you sound to non-reactionaries 

tevor has played petty bad this season, jags just been super lucky with their wins. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, top dawg said:

Don't tell @frankw that D.J. Moore is not a true WR1. He will have conniptions.

I've always said that Moore needed more consistency. We needed another true WR1 when we had him. If the Bears somehow land Harrison Jr., that would likely free up Moore to be the high end WR2 that he's proven to be. As for us, we need a WR1 and a WR2, a legit TE...basically everything.

If you are saying Moore, who's a 1000 yd receiver in early December for the Bears isn't a #1 receiver then don't be surprised people don't listen.

You also said that Lance and Young were the second coming of Jesus

Our bed was made once we traded for #1 overall. That was a potentially franchise-killing trade.

I was, and stand by advocating for staying with the guy in my avatar. We should have let him be our Rodney Peete. We should have rolled with mediocrity for one more year. Because of exactly the reasons we're seeing. Regardless of how much the board wouldn't shut up about it, a franchise QB wasn't our missing piece. We've had 7 starting QBs look terrible in a row. Eventually you'd start to think that QB wasn't the issue. The best QB in the draft was never going to, and indeed isn't going to save us. As much as I was, and still am convinced Stroud was the better pick, I must admit Stroud would have looked terrible here. And we'd be saying we fugged up by not paying attention to the S2 scores while Bryce lit it up in Houston. Fugging prime Tom Brady would look terrible here.

We are a bad team with no talent. Our solution for that was trading away our talent and our ability to add new talent.

We shoulda stayed at 9, and started to build the OL that has made every QB since 2015 Cam Newton look like garbage. Do you honestly think Dalton with DJ, Thielen and a shiny new #9 overall lineman would have a 1-10 record?

And here's the kicker, even if he was worse, we'd still have #1 overall in the 2024 draft. And we'd still have DJ, a better line, and a better landing spot for Dalton's eventual replacement.

• Pie 1