• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora Hearing that Scott will be Gone

Panthercougar68

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I seriously don't get it. I can guess the first part but what the hell is he doing between now and Black Monday that would be any different than just firing him now? 

If you plan on completely cleaning house then there will be no one to make any necessary moves to maintain the roster through the end of the season.

At least that's what I hope the reasoning is.

I don't know enough of how deep an organization is into the offseason, at this time of year. Based off other folks smarter than me with how front offices' run, it makes no more sense to fire a GM and his band of merry men midseason than it does on Black Monday.

If it's inevitable and this is the move (the correct move FTR), I'm happy for a new regime. SF is arguably more responsible for this awful 1-12 product than Reich was. 

It could be an indication that Fitterer was the main reason we drafted Bryce.  

Not to say Tepper didn’t voice his opinion, and after that dinner furthered his belief that he liked Young better… But in Fitterer’s press conference after the draft indicated he was all about Bryce a few years ago.

If Tepper is comfortable moving on from Fitt, it would seem he is comfortable moving on from Bryce.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If you plan on completely cleaning house then there will be no one to make any necessary moves to maintain the roster through the end of the season.

At least that's what I hope the reasoning is.

Didn't JR make an ex-cheerleader in charge when he had to step down and sell? Morgan can do all of that or the guy behind Morgan if he walked too? They wouldn't do a complete house cleaning until they hired the next guy anyways. 

IDK. Trying to guess what the hell Tepper is thinking just leads to a headache for me.

51 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

LaCannit is as realiable as my postman

Yep I still remember when he said Peyton Manning was signing with Miami and that he was already practicing throwing the ball to their receivers and he was right there watching him only to have him sign with Denver and have a presser there like an hour later. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It doesn't matter unless Tepper is going to hire someone and let them actually do their job. Hire qualified people, step back, and give them some time and space to fix this mess you've made.

That would require an incredible amount of self-reflection and humility. 

Yeah, we're screwed...