• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign Burns already

Frank9999

13 hours ago, Toomers said:

You mean like When he had Reddick on the other side and got 9 sacks? Impressive. 

We struggled to stop the run that year, which in turn limited chances.  He also whiffed a lot in 20,21. It wasnt due to a lack of getting there. I guess I am still in the minority that hopes his  $$ number comes down, but hope we keep him. We need talent to win. I have no faith that Fitterer would turn those picks into talent if traded.

If you sign Burns after the crap he has pulled this season, the message to the other players ain’t good. 

could you imagine if you’re Luvu going out and busting butt every game, and he’ll be lucky to get half of what burns is set to get. We don’t need that on our team.

Wilks, Fox and Rivera would have had him riding the pine. it’s probably politics why Evero isn’t doing the same. Burns is obviously another one that had a good dinner with the Teppers. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1

Scott Fitterer and this current team shouldn't be allowed to sign and put our future cap into anyone.  Burns remains a very one dimensional player.  And not only is he a one dimensional pass rusher but he is one dimensional in his pass rushing.  Next coach should have input on the vision and where he would want our resources put.   We need a completely rebuilt roster for our next coach.  That takes cap.   And the emphasis needs to be on fixing the offense.  You can find roleplayer pass rushers.  Which is essentially all Burns is. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Burns is not the prototypically dominant pass rusher whose talent is hard to find, as he disappears way too much. 

I agree. I like him and would like to keep him if we were a competitive team. We are 2-12 and frankly have way too little talent. Given our rebuild, signing an edge rusher to $30M a year doesn’t make sense. The bounty we had in front of us was too good to pass up.

I went to the game on Sunday and I recall two plays where Burns made a big impact. One was on a pass rush where he caused an incompletion and the other was the fumble recovery but the real impact on the fumble was Hill who knocked the ball out. Brown stood out far more.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

We're not interested in retaining talented, core players and leaders.  So says the masses.  It.must be true.  

We’re 2-12 dude. If we don’t actually get on with a real rebuild where you trade expensive players for picks to get younger and build up talent at more positions, having Burns on the team won’t make a bit of difference. How many games has Burns truly impacted? Would we be 2-12 without him? Probably. He’s had 1 sack, 4 tackles and 1 TFL in our 2 wins. He’s a good player but he’s not a game changer and we suck balls right now. Trading him now sucks too because he’s lost value over the past year and Washington traded away Sweat and Young for way less. 

At the end of the day, it's all about value. If Burns wants to be paid more than he's worth, let someone else pay him. 

How would your pocketbook look--- your overall financial status look, if you shop at Sheetz or Walgreens every time you need groceries just because it's convenient and the only thing open? 

57 minutes ago, top dawg said:

At the end of the day, it's all about value. If Burns wants to be paid more than he's worth, let someone else pay him. 

How would your pocketbook look--- your overall financial status look, if you shop at Sheetz or Walgreens every time you need groceries just because it's convenient and the only thing open? 

The moment our moron GM turned down that haul from the Rams, his value went through the roof. His stats are meaningless at that point. That’s elite value and the Panthers turned it down. I think Burns is massively overrated and I hope the Panthers don’t pay him, but I don’t blame him for asking for it. He has all of the leverage because the entire organization is clueless and our GM is a moron. 

And I just want to say one more time, our GM is a moron.