• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Merry Christmas All

Zod

Man what a year 2023 has been.  As it all winds down, more than likely ending like a wet turd on carpet with the Panthers, I'd like to offer my best wishes to all huddlers this time of year.  I've disagreed with plenty of folks on here across several forums, but I hope I never came across as mean or spiteful.

Frankly, the world sucks.  No matter which tribe your on, 2023 bent most of us over and took it's pound of flesh (or more).  We've all experienced differing amounts of losses, personal, financial, sports wise, whatever.  My most sincere wish is that all of you are able to find some peace, happiness, and joy at this end of year season.

Merry Christmas!  Hope you had a happy Hanukkah!  Happy Kwanzaa!  Happy Eid al-Fitr as Ramadan comes to a close!  Happy Yule!  Happy freakin' holidays! 

Be safe!  Call for a ride if you drink too much.  Be kind to others because you never know how much that might mean to someone!

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Zod said:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you. Perhaps the new year will bring a football team worth watching once again.

I have had a crazy year with other endeavors and have worked harder than I ever have in my life but it has also been extremely rewarding. 

I wish you and yours a very happy and healthy Christmas and holiday season.

Merry Christmas @Zod

In the spirit of giving. I wish that @therealmjl would be unbanned. 

@LinvilleGorge@Proudiddy@CRA

I have humbly served my time

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I saw an interesting point the other day about our type of situation.  It could have been wise to hold him off for 1-2 weeks, but that would not have anything to do with Bryce and you could easily communicate that from a PR standpoint.   Why? Well, we just brought an entirely new staff into town, new offense for the returning OL, and had wholesale turnover elsewhere.  So just run Dalton out there the first game or so to see how things are shaking out.  Dry run to make sure we won't kill the kid.  We weren't eyeing the SB.  Get a sense of the line, the receivers, the playbook.  It gives you a glimpse of what Bryce would be stepping into and a good barometer on where things stood sans him.  I suppose we sort of did that with Dalton, but that was a reactive switch and like @Ricky Spanish mentioned, it was against an injured SEA defense where we threw a ridiculous amount.  Who knows, maybe we could have at least won a game or two more that way.  You can adjustments prior to Bryce stepping in, better tee it up for him, and maybe we end up winning game 1 or 2. Last year was such a sh*tshow.  One of the worst seasons I've ever experienced in any sport for any team.  Absolutely nothing made sense together.  Happy we cut the cord early, but should have never hired that crew in the first place.   
    • Johnson is gonna want $20M+ next year. That's why they should have drafted Ladd.
    • It's like folk didn't even watch the game. Dalton took a beating, and barely avoided a lot more violent hits. No 35 years old QB is going to survive a season like that. Imagine him against Dallas or Houston or Indy or Detroit or New Orleans twice! He played better than Bryce in that 1 game, but he wouldn't have lasted half the season.