• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton made Tepper an offer he can't refuse. Newton for President.

jasonluckydog

10 hours ago, Manna said:

I mean, the folks who do have FO experience are not getting it done. We’ve hit rock bottom. 

thats like saying the colts hit rock bottom with Reich last year, might as well try jeff saturday.  There is a bottom beneath this if you can believe.  Look, I love cam, like Cam is too good for what this franchise gave him.  He became that icon he said he wanted to be WHILE carrying our franchise and being broken by inept coaching.  That said, He's an athlete and an entertainer.  The problem is not that we have to hire new people, its that Dave Tepper needs to keep his ass out of peoples decisions.  He hires and sticks with yes men, so if we get real football people with real backbones to make real decisions without a testicle headed owner looming over them and things will change. 

Edited by Carolina Cajun
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

I sometimes wonder if Cam is all there upstairs 

He lacks perspective here, seems to me. He is a lot of show and flash which, what does he think team President does?  I think he could thrive if he set his sights on something  on the other side of the glass like commentating in or hosting a parallel telecast like the Mannings. Something fun. 

Yes, he has no experience  and that'd have to be talked about thoroughly! Yet, he does come across with decent vision and his aura brought arguably  the most excitement  this franchise has ever had. People really forget how kids couldn't wait to get a football from a td. Cam made Fanfest hype.  The team president is about keeping the fans involved also and the team moving forward.  They have to be the pulse and bond between all executives and be brutally  honest. A skill he has. I think he has some traits that need to be inserted back into  the franchise. Tepper has drained any moral. I know its kind of a different role but people laughed at John Lynch in San Fran and he had no prior experience. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Nope. Point is that I'd like to see someone with some football knowledge involved in the front office selections and head coach interviews. 

Perhaps but I am also certain I wouldn't want Cam meeting with Harris Teeter to discuss the latest VIC card promotion which is what the team president does (I think).  I think Cam confused GM with team president.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

They could bring Cam into the FO whether in a formal position or a specific one to utilize his best attributes, his personality. He could be a good mentor and help mediate things that the team are lacking in the identity and culture department. Too often are these things mediate by old fashioned people that have no finger on the pulse of the current temperature of the generation. We need to be at the forefront of something in this league and I feel Cam could provide this.