• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It starts at the top. Having a petulant man-child for an owner isn't going to work and the media is eviscerating him.

hepcat

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Y'all have fun being judgemental.  

I have better things to do. 

if you're Jacksonvile Jaguars fan reading any of this then we are sorry that you have to read this guys BS because none of us agrees with him whatsoever ...just saying

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 2

Can some of you please stop clutching your damn pearls? Tepper will end up paying a fine. That's it. The man he threw water on is not going to sue ... because if he did, it will be more than obvious it's a money grab. He got hit by liquid. He'll be ok. Calling for Tepper to be suspended? Banned for a year? Lose the team? GET A GRIP. Tepper may be a complete tool, but take a step back and see what you're writing here. The article ESPN wrote about the incident will be gone by tomorrow, the talk shows and podcasts will move on to a new topic tomorrow. This is a nothing burger. We all know he's a dbag. He'll pay a fine and we'll be talking about the offseason in a week's time.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

His actions weren't anything to be proud about.  No argument.  

He is human.  He isn't perfect.  

None of us are. 

Says the same poster who had issue with players sulking or towels on head lol. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, thennek said:

It is possible the NFL punishes Tepper by taking draft picks from the Panthers …..not that they have a lot to give. 

Why would they take Draft picks?

They'll fine him and force him to make a mealy mouthed apology and it'll be brushed under the rug. 

Just like the team, this is another problem money won’t fix for Dave. He is 1000% unable to control an outcome with his only tool, money, and the tantrums that you see are him realizing it. Up to this point, he’s been able to get anything he’s wanted… until now. It’s literally a child being told no. 

This is a bigger deal than people are giving it credit for. The spotlight had finally faded from the team owners and they could go back to their life as they knew it. With this, he’s now brought MAJOR heat back again. 

This isn’t ’reports are owner x’ news columns. This is a good quality forever video of a billionaire NFL team owner committing a crime (yes it’s dumb, but by law a crime). 

Expect more ‘team owners’ columns again and all the owners now have to watch their a$$es again until this heat goes away. A light punishment will only generate more articles on how he got off easy on the 2 tiered justice system. 

Old heads can fade this type of stuff, usually… but he’s a rookie a hole owner of the laughing stock team who told the other owners that their way was outdated. And he’s now brought heat back. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Can some of you please stop clutching your damn pearls? Tepper will end up paying a fine. That's it. The man he threw water on is not going to sue ... because if he did, it will be more than obvious it's a money grab. He got hit by liquid. He'll be ok. Calling for Tepper to be suspended? Banned for a year? Lose the team? GET A GRIP. Tepper may be a complete tool, but take a step back and see what you're writing here. The article ESPN wrote about the incident will be gone by tomorrow, the talk shows and podcasts will move on to a new topic tomorrow. This is a nothing burger. We all know he's a dbag. He'll pay a fine and we'll be talking about the offseason in a week's time.

assault or either aggravated assault would be someone throwing a glass or an open bottle of water on someone else since it contains body fluids it is automatically considered to be a harmful fluid until scientifically proven otherwise

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Panthers swag was already sparse in SC, but now? Lol, you wouldn't think the NFL had a footprint here.  I see more Falcons stuff around here than Panthers.  It's not like Atlanta has been anything lately, but at least they aren't the NFL doormat.  Also, the Panthers radio affiliate in the upstate is Rock 101.1.  The DJ plugs game day broadcast has now affectionately started dubbing the team the Charlotte Panthers.  Totally intentional. 

With all due respect, I live near Charleston and of all the other stuff from other teams...... I hardly ever see Falcon attire..... Cowboys? Yes!!... Eagles?Yes!!...... Steelers?Yes!!.....Giants?YES (lots of it) ......  And indeed, not much Panthers stuff (there wasn't much to start with anyway)

4 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

With all due respect, I live near Charleston and of all the other stuff from other teams...... I hardly ever see Falcon attire..... Cowboys? Yes!!... Eagles?Yes!!...... Steelers?Yes!!.....Giants?YES (lots of it) ......  And indeed, not much Panthers stuff (there wasn't much to start with anyway)

I'm on the i-85 corridor, so GA is just down the road.  Yes, Falcons merchandise dominates my area.  Sure there are some Cowboys and Steelers stuff...occasionally some Panthers, but they pale to the Falcons swag.

Edited by 45catfan

1 hour ago, bandu said:

assault or either aggravated assault would be someone throwing a glass or an open bottle of water on someone else since it contains body fluids it is automatically considered to be a harmful fluid until scientifically proven otherwise

So what do you think proper punishment is for this? Seeing as how players have been simply suspended for much, much worse and often just a handful of games.