• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would have to happen this offseason for you to be "in" for this team next season?

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

There is zero path to being a good team next season. But there are steps the team could take to lure me back in in terms of actually thinking the team could be on their way to winning again in the future.

1) Scott Fitterer in his current role has to go. It is difficult to overstate just how incredibly bad he has been as the GM of this team.

2) Synchronously bring in a head coach and GM. A pairing that has the same vision for building the team. A pairing that has a plan for bringing an identity back to our franchise and refuses to waiver from it. Just having a plan in place.

3) Make smart moves in FA. I think the pass catcher room is really where we could find upgrades this free agency.

4) It will be hard to have a bad draft because we need everything. But quit drafting RAS scores and draft players that fit your vision for the future of the franchise. Ideally we somehow find an LT and let Ikey compete for a guard spot.

5) We get messaging from the owner about what has gone wrong and how he plans to fix it (doubtful)

There is a 0% chance we are making the playoffs next season. But we could at least have some sort of a blueprint we can believe in 12 months from now. Realistically that is what I am hoping for

There is a path, not a realistic one, but there is a path for 8ish wins.  Its threading the needle for sure.

Its getting the gm and hc right, its absolutely nailing on the draft, its having higgins losing his mind and coming here, its getting a favorable schedule.

Not likely but if you squint real hard you can maybe see close to double digit wins

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is a path, not a realistic one, but there is a path for 8ish wins.  Its threading the needle for sure.

Its getting the gm and hc right, its absolutely nailing on the draft, its having higgins losing his mind and coming here, its getting a favorable schedule.

Not likely but if you squint real hard you can maybe see close to double digit wins

Unless the ghost of prime bill parcells becomes HC/GM, theres no chance. SLiver lining is the NFC south is still t-r-ass-h. Young would have to be MVP malhomes in order to flirt with winning the south. 

Far too many holes, ifs, and no new coaching staff has the time to fix even 25% of the problems their first year. You stand a better shot at touching the suns surface.... 

37 minutes ago, Basbear said:

No matter what happens, I got the panthers as the clear odds on fav for the 2025 #1 pick(40%). Panthers are 2 FULL games away form the 2nd worse team/s. Theres no talent and even less young talent. Its just going to be years before 9-8 can even be reached. 

Like many others in this thread, Im a fan. I mean personally the panthers are the last sports team i follow. Ive got toooo much invested to walk cause some weak-ass BS about them sucking. Jordan did made me quit the hornets and Im also a former UNC homer. 

I mean hating on tepper is the current thing and he deserves it. Still some hope is after fixing the rhule era, he did make the entire coaching staff the highest paid in the NFL. Part of that didnt work out, still not many owners open the vault, just like the practice bubble thats also is coming down. Sure he fuging up every which way, but hes at least trying along with not worring about what the cost are. Hes got to get lucky with the future hires, i hope... its all i got

Right. If there is one thing I will say about Tepper it's that I am confident he truly wants to win and will outspend every owner in the league if that's what it takes. He just has to realize he has to hire people he trusts and completely stay out of their way. Will his ego let him do that? Will his desire to win force him to take a long look in the mirror and realize he simply has to change his approach? If this season doesn't do that, nothing will. 

• Pie 1

1- tepper selling the team 

2- Adam Peters, Ben Johnson hire, with an excellent FA class including offensive lineman and multiple WRs (one who is a number one), plus a very public David Tepper admitting he is hiring a head of football operations and that he will no longer have final say in any decisions and that he is stepping away 

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm in no matter what. Someone has to be around to bare witness to the ways at which one man can destroy a nfl franchise. 

You just have to laugh at this point. Tears and rage are a waste of time.

Well done Jon Snow, well done. 

Panthers are my team, they are like Family , sometimes they can dissapoint, other times they are flat out embarrassing, but you still love them 

I just hope Tepper does something the league can't ignore and he is voted out 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan
  • Pie 1

Tepp steps back and hires President to run the team, Fitt fired, Ben Johnson or Harbaugh coach, reports coming out about how insane Bryce’s progress on off season footwork has been, Ickey moved to LG/BC LT, best guard at 33, AJ brown forces his way out of Philly and we pay him a poo ton to come here. 

that being said I’m sure I’ll watch every game next year regardless just like I did this year 

Edited by jb2288

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pass that my way friend. That must be some good stuff you are smoking.

• Beer 1