• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking, Ian Rapoport: Fitterer Fired

I don't doubt that Scott was a likable guy in the organization.  In pressers, he seemed like a good dude.  But a good dude doesn't make you a quality GM.  He's been in charge of adding and retaining talent to this team for three years and the results speak for themselves.  He's not good at it.

I think he would have been a good fit at as VP of Football Ops or something, looking at the big picture and dealing with Tepper more than having a day to day impact on the team.   But I'm fine letting everything go with this regime.  It's up to Tepper to prove he's learned something.  The buck stops with him, right?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Honestly one of the worst in NFL history given the moves he made. Probably right next to whoever was the browns GM when they were 1-31 over two seasons. This team had the potential to go 0-17 and was lucky to get two wins.

You could have picked any random Huddle poster and they couldn't have done much worse. 

34 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

As long as Tepper is owner and continues to meddle, it doesn't matter who fills these positions.

That's why nothing this team will do -- no hiring, no draft pick, no signing -- under his ownership will ever get me excited or hopeful again

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

It's not so much that they don't work out for the next guy as it is that poor play caused the original guy to be fired.  That being said, given that Bryce is one year in and a first round pick, he will almost definitely have a shot to make it.

100%

Definitely wish we gave the kid a better situation. Not being able to parse out what is more him vs environment vs combination of all is now on the next staff to figure out.

24 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I don't doubt that Scott was a likable guy in the organization.  In pressers, he seemed like a good dude.  But a good dude doesn't make you a quality GM.  He's been in charge of adding and retaining talent to this team for three years and the results speak for themselves.  He's not good at it.

I think he would have been a good fit at as VP of Football Ops or something, looking at the big picture and dealing with Tepper more than having a day to day impact on the team.   But I'm fine letting everything go with this regime.  It's up to Tepper to prove he's learned something.  The buck stops with him, right?

That's actually a common theme this morning:

Ultimately, a guy who was too collaborative (the same issue as Reich, ironically enough) paired with a head coach and an owner who were more than willing to take advantage.

But he also stabbed Reich in the back, so...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

13 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Wonder if this means the new GM and Coach will show less loyalty to Young since they have no responsibility for picking him if so he may not last the entire year next year. 

If quality GM/coach prospects start declining the Panthers opportunity right and left, it could mean that Dave is saying they must make BY part of the future. We’re so fuged if he is putting these requirements into the job. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly hope that he was the problem but I also honestly doubt it. Sure seems like the problem is David Tepper.

Could be but  lets hope for the best 

we southerners know  the truth of 

‘even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again’