• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

On 1/8/2024 at 10:37 PM, Tbe said:

I’m not sold on those lions assistants. Dan Campbell is what makes that team go.

He's the leader type but the assistants are the driving the xs and os

3 minutes ago, csx said:

He's the leader type but the assistants are the driving the xs and os

Totally get that.

But…as Julien Edelman said…”we worked for Belachick…we played for Tom”.

X and Os don’t matter if the team isn’t motivated.

Ben might be great. Who knows.

The more I look into and think about it, the more I want Bobby Slowik as our coach.  What I thought about was Dan Quinn, he was hired in atlanta and looked amazing early, but what made him successful was having a good Offensive Coordinator, that OC was Kyle Shannahan.  After he left, Dan Quinn began his downfall.

A comparable situation is Demeco Ryans.  Would the Texans be where they were without that impressive offense?  I think Slowik is a high flying up and comer coming from the Shanahan coaching tree.  One other benefit is that he and the Texans had plans around if Bryce would fall to them at 2 meaning to me he had some sort of plan for Bryce should he have been Houstons QB.  Also he'd be 36, so basically the same age as Kyle was when he got the SF job.  Pair him with Evero and lets roll.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Isn’t there some rule that you can’t talk to coaches until like January 24 or something? Basically we’re probably a ways away from getting any sort of substantial news regarding this hiring cycle 

IMG_5621.jpegCan at least get your first round of interviews out of the way and get your list whittled down. 

Edited by Steelo
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Nothing. He's just a bit too "tin foil hat" for the mainstream to take so McAfee's bosses (aka Disney) said stop having him on your show.

lmao I just read up on it. McAfee sold his soul to ESPN. He has nobody to blame but himself. These guys can't talk like they normally talk on a company owned by Disney.

Never understood why these big time podcast personalities go to ESPN. Same thing with Shannon Sharpe. Bro just build your own company stop chasing a quick bag. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

lmao I just read up on it. McAfee sold his soul to ESPN. He has nobody to blame but himself. These guys can't talk like they normally talk on a company owned by Disney.

Never understood why these big time podcast personalities go to ESPN. Same thing with Shannon Sharpe. Bro just build your own company stop chasing a quick bag. 

Yup. Pat could easily have a very successful national radio show, podcast like Rogan, and do guest spots all over. He even gets bank from WWE. But no ... he takes his "brash" personality to Disney lol. I know they pay well, but come on. You have to hold back every second in your dorky little tank top while you stand the entire show.

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lebatard said something similar about famous podcasters on espn. Eventually they will tell espn to fly a kite, like his show did. Although, my favorite part about the lebatard show on espn was that they were the rage against the machine, in the machine. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

The more I look into and think about it, the more I want Bobby Slowik as our coach.  What I thought about was Dan Quinn, he was hired in atlanta and looked amazing early, but what made him successful was having a good Offensive Coordinator, that OC was Kyle Shannahan.  After he left, Dan Quinn began his downfall.

A comparable situation is Demeco Ryans.  Would the Texans be where they were without that impressive offense?  I think Slowik is a high flying up and comer coming from the Shanahan coaching tree.  One other benefit is that he and the Texans had plans around if Bryce would fall to them at 2 meaning to me he had some sort of plan for Bryce should he have been Houstons QB.  Also he'd be 36, so basically the same age as Kyle was when he got the SF job.  Pair him with Evero and lets roll.

Slowik is my choice too after investigating all the candidates