• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nick Saban Retires.

Tepper should at least see if he’s interested in a consultant type role to try and get the most out of Bryce. I’d rather saban in that role than Caldwell tbh 

Edited by RJK

I don't like hiring people based on reputation when they have won it all so many times.  I really like the hungry and young coaches who worked under these legends, frothing at the mouth, working night and day to apply what they have learned.  Just me?

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, ComebackCam said:

Yeah the GOAT .. winning championships w/ rosters head and shoulders above the rest of the field

This, I tell my friend this all the time, if you want to call him the GOAT at talent evaluation and recruiting you might have an argument, but if you want to call him the GOAT at coaching; I have an issue with that!  Lets take a recent example, a great coach would have their QB's footwork in much better shape than what we have seen with Bryce but the talent around him was so much better than anyone they played sans one time there was no need to worry about it.  And he sees the writing on the wall, he has lost his touch with recruiting Alabama can't secretly pay players more than other teams anymore.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Tepper should at least see if he’s interested in a consultant type role to try and get the most out of Bryce. I’d rather saban in that role than Caldwell tbh 

Pretty sure Saban had very little to do with Bryce at Bama. That was their OC and QB coach. Saban simply tells them Yes or No to their plans for the team.