• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will you watch the UFL?

Jmac

I'll definitely watch again. The DC team was really good last year. And I'm much MUCH more interested in going to see a game at small, intimate Audi Field than deal with the overpriced zoo of drunken, miserable humanity that shows up at NFL games. 

I'm all in, and I think this actually has a chance to work. 

The Rock is financially invested in this league, and the Rock is a savvy businessman. I honestly don't think he would be backing this if he didn't think it had a chance of taking off. 

What he needs is a "Welcome to Wrexham" style docudrama following it to bring it more in the public eye. 

I'll go to a Stallions game or two living in Alabama, but the team isnt even going to be based in Bham which threw me off. They'll live and practice in Arlington and then come here for home games. Last year tickers were only $10. Hard to beat a few hours of live entertainment for that price.

6 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Seems to be my story with this for a long time. I always start watching it, try to pick a team and then just get bored with it. The play level is usually pretty bad.

Yeah I'm the same way, I catch it for a while here and there and then I lose interest and end up doing other things with my time.

The most I ever paid attention to these alternate leagues was actually in 2020 when the XFL's season got cancelled in March over COVID.  So that was a bust.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

Gotta commend people for keeping on trying to compete with the NFL lol

I think at this point they’re not trying to compete with the NFL. I think The Rock realizes their best stance is an extra opportunity for fringe players to get reps and game tape to try and get to the NFL. Always thought the NFL should buy up or at least partner up with the them in some fashion 

• Pie 1

Yes, but bummed that the west coast has been shut off. When they combined the leagues, Las Vegas lost its franchise so I think the closest team is now Houston which is like forever and a day away. And as a Panthers fan who has only ever lived in California, I needed that home town team.

I enjoy football and not such a football stuck up that I consider XFL/USFL bad football in general just because it isn't the NFL so I will watch. The Arena Football League starts back this year as well but I suppose it will get called "bad football" or not real football by the football stuck ups as well which it most definitely was not and was quite enjoyable to watch. 

16 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Yeah I'm the same way, I catch it for a while here and there and then I lose interest and end up doing other things with my time.

The most I ever paid attention to these alternate leagues was actually in 2020 when the XFL's season got cancelled in March over COVID.  So that was a bust.

I was really into the USFL on it's first run in the '80s, but I was just like in my early teens. I followed the Breakers as they went from Boston to Portland to New Orleans. Was really hoping we would get a team in NC and even had one of the hoodie t-shirts promoting it.

And then splat, it just crashed and it was all over.