• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper valuing process/organization over toughness and culture

The history of Tepper’s hires, and history of not promoting Wilks, in addition to reports of his focus on hiring from organizations he admires for how their organization is run is going to hurt us if he prioritizes organizational process over hiring a coach that instills or inspires toughness and a culture of accountability.

Players don’t play hard and dedicate themselves because management is well run. In todays NFL, successful teams are ones who have one of two things: 1. A genius HC/OC who’s so good, respect is earned by the results which instill confidence in every player that they can win every game, and will win every game if if they play tough, e.g. Shannahan, Reid, Lafluar,and Sirianni, ; and 2. A natural born leader who demands toughness by inspiring his players to understand there’s no other way to win, e.g. Vrabel, Dan Campbell, Demeco Ryans, and Sean McDermott.

Ron River and John Fox instilled and inspired toughness, which was our calling card. Both had to take teams that were lost and aimless and it was toughness that got us out of a hole. WILKS! He reversed the entire teams persona and the results speak for themselves.

All this to say, we need an inspiring leader to instill toughness, which consequently raises the standards of the entire team. We don’t need an approach that values organizational structure over toughness. Both are ideal, but the primary factor should be, can this coach inspire this team like John Fox, Rivera, and Wilks did?

Edited by Bostonheelfish
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Fox and Rivera were .500 coaches that could never put together back to back winning seasons. Wilks was worse than both. 
Yes, I’m aware .500 is better than what we’ve been lately, but if that’s your bar, don’t be surprised if NFL owners/coaches/athletes are expected to strive for better than that.

I swear, Wilks fans are worse than Bryce defenders. Yes, I know, we get to lose a super bowl every decade with the 1986 model. Hurray 

Yes. Tepper has made many poor decisions. Moving on from Wilks was not one of them. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Nah, I think he appreciates grit, just not as much as analytics. One of the first compliments he gave Wilks was he's a leader of men. 

I'll never say coaching doesnt matter as it provides development, motivation, direction, discipline etc.. but so do the captains. 

These are some of the most athletic specimens on the planet who make well above my tax bracket. Grown men who shouldn't need hard coaching to perform as a unit at this point. . 

I don't even think John Madden could have willed us to a playoff spot this season. It's only so much you can do with this roster offensively. Especially when both our guards went down. 

The equation is simple. Keep the defense intact as much as possible. And invest HEAVILY in the offense. Bring in the new staff and for God's sake develop a scheme that plays to our players strength for once. Let Bryce play... if he still looks like his last two games bench him before its too late in the season. 

As far as coaching...We've had Rhule  (the impulsive micromanaging type who is obsessed with Athletes), Wilks (The hard-nosed, accountability type), Reich(the experienced, too laid back guy) and Tabor (the straight shooter who will fight for his players). We need a combination personality in the building. 

Fix the offense ...Fix the panthers. Hell I'm sitting here watching Baker in the playoffs. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Fox and Rivera were .500 coaches that could never put together back to back winning seasons. Wilks was worse than both. 
Yes, I’m aware .500 is better than what we’ve been lately, but if that’s your bar, don’t be surprised if NFL owners/coaches/athletes are expected to strive for better than that.

I swear, Wilks fans are worse than Bryce defenders. Yes, I know, we get to lose a super bowl every decade with the 1986 model. Hurray 

If you have a guy like Wilks develop your roster for a couple seasons it can turn around fast once you replace him with someone better. The roster the Panthers have is atrocious. Thank god Scott Fitterer is gone, the worst GM in NFL history.

Tepper is the Jerry Krause of the NFL, thinking that upper management wins on the field……….in football, culture is so important, we had it with Wilks, let him slip away, now his Ego is to big to even give the guy that actually turned around a poo season here, another interview.

Raheem Morris would be another good candidate to interview.

Tepper has to concede some of this power that he so desperately wants