• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young was sacked 62 times

Shocker

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Right up there with hater/hating as well.

I think you are mistaking hating for realism.

A hater would say that he hopes Bryce never succeeds.  I guarantee you that you will not find many - if any - people like that on this board.  We all *hope* Bryce succeeds.  It would change the complexion of the franchise.

However, what myself and many others will do is continue to point out the signs that say Bryce is not getting it.  Here's a picture.

image.thumb.png.f2c85807521beed1967ed8bd5583df98.png

Compared to

image.thumb.png.896b78c11ec2b9c7811633b940502ecd.png

image.thumb.png.e8c0bada2520d53b1bfa48c914e6fa46.png

image.thumb.png.a97d5195729164bb0495a1b3ccfffa33.png

That's Zach Wilson, Mitch Trubisky and Dwayne Haskins.  All relatively recent first round QB's.  All flops.  The similarities look scary to me.

• Beer 2

34 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Andy Dalton with the best passing game of the season is some major cope as you and your loyal followers like to say. He threw the ball 60 times to hit that magical number of 361 yards. Against Green Bay Young had only 50 less yards in almost 1/2 the attempts (33 vs 58) and Bryce has had a higher passer rating in 4 other games than Dalton had in his 1 game. 

You like to call people out for there "cope" yet you keep spewing this garbage about Dalton having the best game of the year for us at QB and that's not true. Just admit your hate for Young and move on. Even if he had a good year I have a feeling you and your followers would still be out here with your pitch forks. Give it a rest already

Is it true or not?

I wish we would've had an opportunity to see more of Dalton to have a bigger sample size.

I don't hate Bryce. He seems like a truly decent young man. I do hate that we traded a bunch of assets to take him #1 overall but that's not on him.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Is it true or not?

I wish we would've had an opportunity to see more of Dalton to have a bigger sample size.

I don't hate Bryce. He seems like a truly decent young man. I do hate that we traded a bunch of assets to take him #1 overall but that's not on him.

I too would have wished we saw more of Dalton. It would have given us a clearer picture on what was actually holding this team back. A quick glance puts a lot of it on Bryce and rightfully so but I truly believe he was in one of the most fuged up situations you could possibly find yourself in as a #1 pick

• Pie 1

Bryce young:

College - struggled with accuracy under pressure.   NFL - check

College - struggled with holding the ball too long.    NFL - check

College - didnt display an elite throwing arm.   NFL - check

College - struggled with throwing deep balls.  NFL - check

College - had sloppy mechanics/footwork.   NFL - check

LOL at some of you guys thinking this is getting cleaned up any time soon

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

"Coping" is officially more tiresome than the "The Process" and "It is what it is" at this point.  

It's a huddle tradition to latch onto a phrase and run it into the ground, remember when "hospital balls" was all the rage? It's like one big circle jerk around here.  

• Flames 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

It's a huddle tradition to latch onto a phrase and run it into the ground, remember when "hospital balls" was all the rage? It's like one big circle jerk around here.  

Hospital ball is always going to be “the rage” while Bruce is at qb. Like what else do you call this?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8p27qsV/

35 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I think you are mistaking hating for realism.

A hater would say that he hopes Bryce never succeeds.  I guarantee you that you will not find many - if any - people like that on this board.  We all *hope* Bryce succeeds.  It would change the complexion of the franchise.

However, what myself and many others will do is continue to point out the signs that say Bryce is not getting it.  Here's a picture.

image.thumb.png.f2c85807521beed1967ed8bd5583df98.png

Compared to

image.thumb.png.896b78c11ec2b9c7811633b940502ecd.png

image.thumb.png.e8c0bada2520d53b1bfa48c914e6fa46.png

image.thumb.png.a97d5195729164bb0495a1b3ccfffa33.png

That's Zach Wilson, Mitch Trubisky and Dwayne Haskins.  All relatively recent first round QB's.  All flops.  The similarities look scary to me.

I don't know why you're posting this, as I'm just saying the term itself is stupid and meaningless. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bryce young:

College - struggled with accuracy under pressure.   NFL - check

College - struggled with holding the ball too long.    NFL - check

College - didnt display an elite throwing arm.   NFL - check

College - struggled with throwing deep balls.  NFL - check

College - had sloppy mechanics/footwork.   NFL - check

LOL at some of you guys thinking this is getting cleaned up any time soon

I am team stroud 100%, then AR and then young but if young is the pick I am on board and not looking back.

I just hope to hell they know what they are doing because this has never been done before

But you probably will have some residual posters (mostly aliases) that will perpetually compare they 2 as they go through their career.  God help the huddle if young gets hurt year 1.

The OP is definitely wrong implying that the Oline sucked so bad that he got sacked 62 times. Some of those were on Bryce. 

But I think other posters have swung too far to the other side implying that because Bryce had more time in the pocket than we thought (2.5 or 2.9 sec) then the majority of the sacks were on him. 

A lot of those plays that Bryce had time, but still resulted in sacks, were coverage sacks. In other words, our receivers didn't get open or was taking too long to get open, and he got sacked. Heck it takes Thelin more than 2.5secs to get out of his break, and he's the best receiver we have. 

Not only that, but early on in the year when we had no running game, we were in plenty of third and long situations, we all know that when a defense gets you in third and long sacks become more frequent because A. They know you're passing B. The Receivers have to run longer routes to get past the sticks for a first down -- which of course means the QB has to hold the ball longer for the receivers to get past the sticks.  Again some of those were still on Bryce though, because in a some of those situations he could have thrown the ball away. 

There's plenty of blame to go around for that high sack number. It's not on one person. 

Bryce - Oline - WR's - too many 3rd and longs, scheme etc. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I am team stroud 100%, then AR and then young but if young is the pick I am on board and not looking back.

I just hope to hell they know what they are doing because this has never been done before

But you probably will have some residual posters (mostly aliases) that will perpetually compare they 2 as they go through their career.  God help the huddle if young gets hurt year 1.

Narrators voice:  "They in fact, did not know what the hell they were doing"