• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pretty confident its gonna be Dan Morgan GM

Frank9999

Even if he is, it doesent mean he will be here next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lame duck year of him a GM and Evero as HC. 

Survive another year of misery and give those to 2 a chance to shock all of us and do enough to keep their jobs beyond 1 year.

If they fail, then you can reboot and allow the new GM/Coach combo come into a situation where they will actually have a first round pick and enough evidence to move on from Young.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Even if he is, it doesent mean he will be here next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lame duck year of him a GM and Evero as HC. 

Survive another year of misery and give those to 2 a chance to shock all of us and do enough to keep their jobs beyond 1 year.

If they fail, then you can reboot and allow the new GM/Coach combo come into a situation where they will actually have a first round pick and enough evidence to move on from Young.

That would be a disaster for the Panthers.  If Tepper pulls the plug on another HC and GM within a season we can forget about ever getting anyone decent to come to this team.  No Man is going to come here to get a permanent blemish on his career, purposely.  

We'll end up with retread after retread as they are the only ones that would even consider trying to revive their careers. 

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Yall let you hate for Tepper cloud your judgement, Dan Morgan will be a fine GM and the well respected. This ain’t some random and This the same group that loved Fitt and his in on every deal motto till it didn’t work 

we need better then "fine"

34 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Brandon Beane also worked under a GM that made some stupid decisions. Unless you have first hand knowledge of what were Morgan’s thoughts and decisions behind the scenes vs. Tepper/Fitterer/whoever, then what is the point fretting over it?

I've seen this thrown around like it's logical. The point you fail to see is that in Beane's tenure here, regardless of what people think of him, Hurney was a good evaluator of talent. Hurney knew talent. His 1st round pick rate was one of the best in the league. He had a good teacher. Dan had Fitt boy...so no I do not want anyone from this previous regime.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I've seen this thrown around like it's logical. The point you fail to see is that in Beane's tenure here, regardless of what people think of him, Hurney was a good evaluator of talent. Hurney knew talent. His 1st round pick rate was one of the best in the league. He had a good teacher. Dan had Fitt boy...so no I do not want anyone from this previous regime.

I mean Dan Morgan worked under Brandon Beane in Buffalo for the same amount of years.  Why are we putting all the Fitt blame on him but none of the Beane credit?

Nobody really knows how much influence Morgan may or may not have had.  And I'm not saying that to say it would be a great hire or people shouldn't be frustrated.  Just think it wouldn't be right to act like Morgan would be a guaranteed disaster.  It is hard to tell.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Seeing as he couldn’t get a word in during any and all draft footage/pressers he doesn’t quite strike me as an alpha personality in a room with the Teppers. They make money regardless, I think it’s really just gambling with human lives for fun. Like fantasy football for billionaires so they get to use real people