• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pretty confident its gonna be Dan Morgan GM

Frank9999

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Know who else played here, really wanted to come back here and had a pedigree to win?

Frank Reich

It guarantees nothing.

Guarantees nothing but in nothing is there a guarantee to begin with.

Jim Harbaugh played at Michigan and went back to Michigan where it turned out okay for them. 

For every failure there is a success and for every success there is a failure.

15 hours ago, Mage said:

I mean Dan Morgan worked under Brandon Beane in Buffalo for the same amount of years.  Why are we putting all the Fitt blame on him but none of the Beane credit?

Nobody really knows how much influence Morgan may or may not have had.  And I'm not saying that to say it would be a great hire or people shouldn't be frustrated.  Just think it wouldn't be right to act like Morgan would be a guaranteed disaster.  It is hard to tell.

YOu can't pull the "We don't know" card and act like he didn't do the wrongs. You just can't. You either did help with the presvious disaster or you didn't. Only way you can even say he didn't is if he wasn't here. This is a stupid way of doing things. It's like Einsteins quote about insanity.

Your logic could work the same with Beane and Morgan in Buffalo. "How do you know he did anything." You see? It's idiotic to think that way and absolve morgan of any wrong or right.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

YOu can't pull the "We don't know" card and act like he didn't do the wrongs. You just can't. You either did help with the presvious disaster or you didn't. Only way you can even say he didn't is if he wasn't here. This is a stupid way of doing things. It's like Einsteins quote about insanity.

Your logic could work the same with Beane and Morgan in Buffalo. "How do you know he did anything." You see? It's idiotic to think that way and absolve morgan of any wrong or right.

Your logic taken to its final conclusion results in firing literally everybody in the building. That’s not how any of this works. Ever. There’s always good people in bad organizations and vice versa.

But go ahead keep calling people idiots for saying “We don’t know so we aren’t stressing.” And yes, that applies to Buffalo too because we have literally no idea what to credit or blame Morgan for, that was the whole point.

Some of us choose to be in wait and see mode instead of mopey doom and gloom.

• Pie 4

21 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Your logic taken to its final conclusion results in firing literally everybody in the building. That’s not how any of this works. Ever. There’s always good people in bad organizations and vice versa.

But go ahead keep calling people idiots for saying “We don’t know so we aren’t stressing.” And yes, that applies to Buffalo too because we have literally no idea what to credit or blame Morgan for, that was the whole point.

Some of us choose to be in wait and see mode instead of mopey doom and gloom.

You also don't tend to sack your first year head coach 11 games into the season, or trade 5 premium players for a 5'10" noodle armed choir boy... so y'know, who knows how it works anymore. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I am conflicted. On the one hand it's not a shock Dan Morgan is being considered. He hasn't just been in Carolina, he's been around the block and is respected in the league and was thought to be an up and coming GM candidate. Further just because he served under a regime that failed doesn't mean he will. Brandon Beane is an obvious example of this. Finally, I think Dan knows our culture and can at least help Tepper from continuing to self sabotage things in Carolina. 

on the other hand I was just really looking forward to a clean start 

21 minutes ago, SOJA said:

on the other hand I was just really looking forward to a clean start 

Still may very well happen. We only heard 2/3 names for the 2nd round of interviews they mentioned there were others. 

• Pie 1

I like Dan. We on this board have liked Dan as a potential GM for a long time. He has been part of winning cultures at his other stops. He's a Carolina guy, and frankly I don't think he'd be here if he didn't wanna make this a winning team again. He could go elsewhere and have success. I'd rather we keep our talent and give him a shot here instead of losing another potential Beane.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

There’s nothing wrong with admitting ignorance. Especially since none of us know. It’s true. 

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

My point is that if you are going to put the bad decisions made by Fitt onto Morgan because the latter worked under him, then you have to also put the good decisions made by Beane onto Morgan as he also worked under him.

You can't have it one way and not the other.

And yes, the reality of the situation is that we really don't know how much input Dan Morgan had in either respective front office.  

I will say this. I've read (and heard on video) that there may be some growing steam for a Co-GM model with Morgan as one of the GMs. 

The problem for me is that it sounds eerily akin to the bullshit model we already had, just with different wrapping---different "convolutedness" if you will. Who is going to be the tiebreaker? We all know the answer.

If this happens, Tepper is so full of bullshit.

34 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

After I read the first 2 pages, I'm convinced that most fans don't even know one of the best MLB this franchise has been blessed with. 

Is it just Tepper hate that has so many just throwing poo like monkeys?

At best he was the 3rd best, behind beason and luke. 

You could make argument about Sam Mills too. 

30 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

After I read the first 2 pages, I'm convinced that most fans don't even know one of the best MLB this franchise has been blessed with. 

Is it just Tepper hate that has so many just throwing poo like monkeys?

This was my impression as well.

The mob is ever fickle. Especially when the individuals don't have control, have been traumatized & are fearful.

• Poo 1