• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio ain't "kissing the ring" or Tepper's ass apparently. (On Morgan)

top dawg

Just now, FattyFatFat said:

Don’t have to seek it with this team. It’s right there for all to see 

We know the team sucks. But Florio and that Donnely guy are misery merchants.  Not exactly good sources to judge anything by.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

Florio likes to present himself as “against the establishment” and he was doing the same thing to Jimmy Haslam 4 years ago and Cal NcNair last off season. He gets weirdly focused on going after owners.

Their teams start winning and he shuts up.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 2

The only reason the Panthers were talked about so much last year was the trade up to #1. It forced everyone to talk about the Panthers leading up to the draft and they all mailed it in. All star staff blah blah blah. The more obvious that the Panther liked Young the more they mailed it in.

Face it. Last year was forced and now the only stuff to talk about is that everyone knows Tepper is running the worst team in the league. If you think that negativity will change you should just check out for a few years because thisbsituation is the realiry for a long haul.

How do you tell the owner and your boss that he sucks?

Ain't going to happen..........

Big brain is always the smartest guy in the room and he will be glad to tell you that his money proves it and you are stuck with that reality in working for this franchise now..........good luck Morgan and everyone else!

I recall the media slurping up our dream team of a coaching staff last year. What happened to that 11 games later. A whole lot of dysfunction. 

I’ll hold my breath on their thoughts. If Tepper brings Tilis in here also, that will be debunked. At the end of the day, Tepper has always been willing to open up his wallet to get ‘quality’ staff.  I just hope he gets it right this time. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, I didn't know that Mike Florio was so passionate about Tepper and his he fact that he's made the Panthers currently "irrelevant," but he's telling the truth.

Florio railed on about how the job was so unappealing due to Tepper's meddling (in so many words). He and Charean Williams don't believe that The Panthers or Dan Morgan (who apparently wasn't on anyone else's list as a prospective GM) didn't really have any other options.

I saw some of that. Couldn't figure out why Florio had his mother on his show.

Florio is a fun blowhard.  Very much on the entertainment spectrum, but not for everyone.  I do enjoy his stuff from time to time.

Honestly, there is a lot of room to criticize the Panthers in how they hired Morgan.  I get it.  From the search firm, to the interviews, to watching folks pull out; it's hard to put a lot of faith in how the Panthers ended up with Morgan.  

While Dan Morgan has a lot of FO and scouting experience, and a reputation as an intense and smart dude; Tepper is the ultimate issue.  Now will Morgan have the stones to tell Tep to back off?  Or to make his own choices?  I think so.  While Fitterer was a consensus builder, the thing that kind of sticks out on my end was that Scott seemed to be a really nice guy, maybe not the strongest leader or most decisive person.  Could be that Scott was more easily talked into things by others.  

Will Dan Morgan be more decisive and direct?  I think so.  He comes across as a bit of a old school hardass.  I feel like Morgan is going to build the roster in his way, using input from others to help him make choices compared to Fitterer seeming to try to make everyone happy.

I could be completely wrong.  I WANT Dan Morgan to be a successful GM.  IF he finds success, then my Panthers do.  If not, then he'll lose his job and we start the churn again.

Underrated point not talked about enough….Dan Morgan wasn’t being looked at by anyone else.  Thankfully, we got Jim Caldwell and the Teppers to find him.   And they didn’t even have to look hard.  That’s why they all needed to be on board.  Sportsology was likely looking at all the good candidates and wouldn’t of seen it 

This feels so much like "The answer is on the roster", front office version.  I can't see it as a good thing when the guy we hire was already in the building for the objectively worst organization in the league.  He was involved in building the worst team in the league.  Let that sink in.  We *earned* the number one pick a year after we gave up a bank to grab it from the Bears.

And what was Morgan's role?  Pro player evaluation.  Who has he given us?  Miles Sanders.  DJ Chark.  Austin Corbett.  Xavier Woods.  Adam Theilen.  Hayden Hurst.  It hasn't been great.

He's the guy now.  I'll root for him to succeed.  I want him to succeed.  I have serious, well founded doubts that he will. 

I am very concerned we're going to be cleaning house AGAIN after the 2024 season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1