• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio ain't "kissing the ring" or Tepper's ass apparently. (On Morgan)

top dawg

2 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Not defending Tepper but Florio's opinions have gotten strange and out their he really isnt respected like he once was.  

He lost huge chunks of his views by this point. He panders to the players and rails agaisnt owners doing their worst.

He is a dinosaur that survived the meteor but is dying in the dust.

He really isn't wrong here which makes it that much more painful. Like even Florio can see it dang

3 hours ago, KBRed said:

I recall the media slurping up our dream team of a coaching staff last year. What happened to that 11 games later. A whole lot of dysfunction. 

I’ll hold my breath on their thoughts. If Tepper brings Tilis in here also, that will be debunked. At the end of the day, Tepper has always been willing to open up his wallet to get ‘quality’ staff.  I just hope he gets it right this time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

on one hand, it's great that we got a GM that was part of the good part of our history who was such a big player in the creating the culture we used to have. really, is there anyone better to help regain that culture and build the team. and there's a possibility that morgan was shrewdly playing along with whatever to angle himself into a place where he could one day be GM, because i think that's probably been his goal once he got into the administrative side of things years ago. if all of that is true, then this was a good hire. he did play a part in the building of a couple good teams, of course he did play a part in the building of the worst team the panthers have ever fielded, which leads to the the other hand...

the other hand, it could also be that were it not for the fact that he is a former panther and wasn't already also a known commodity to that there's no way he would have gotten the GM job here had he not been1) a former panther and 2) familiar to tepper and seen as someone who was easily pushed to do whatever the leader bidded (which doesn't exactly fit the dan morgan persona we knew as a player).

it's easier to believe the other hand based on what we've seen since tepper got control and the way he has maintained control at a micro level.

truthfully, we won't really know until we see results one way or the other.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Underrated point not talked about enough….Dan Morgan wasn’t being looked at by anyone else. 

I don't think this proves what you think it proves.  There were only 4, including us, real GM openings in the NFL (Patriots fired Belichick, but are keeping the same guys in the front office to fill the GM role).  49ers got Adam Peters damn near immediately (who has been the best candidate for years).  Chargers are pursuing Jim Harbaugh, who will be their de facto GM.  So only one team it would have made sense to interview him would have been the Raiders.  And they hired Tom Telesco, so are we really sure we should look at them on how to do things?

Not trying to say the hire was a good one.  If you don't like it, that is fine. But saying he didn't interview with any other team doesn't prove anything.  There weren't that many open GM spots to begin with this year, and 2 of the teams had their sights on one guy.  John Lynch wasn't looked at by any teams either and he's turned out fine.    

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I don't think this proves what you think it proves.  There were only 4, including us, real GM openings in the NFL (Patriots fired Belichick, but are keeping the same guys in the front office to fill the GM role).  49ers got Adam Peters damn near immediately (who has been the best candidate for years).  Chargers are pursuing Jim Harbaugh, who will be their de facto GM.  So only one team it would have made sense to interview him would have been the Raiders.  And they hired Tom Telesco, so are we really sure we should look at them on how to do things?

Not trying to say the hire was a good one.  If you don't like it, that is fine. But saying he didn't interview with any other team doesn't prove anything.  There weren't that many open GM spots to begin with this year, and 2 of the teams had their sights on one guy.  John Lynch wasn't looked at by any teams either and he's turned out fine.    

well, let's take a look at Adam Peters.   He and Morgan entered their roles as assistant GMs at the same time.

Peters? People were looking at him for GM jobs after 2021.  They were looking at him again after 2022.   They were looking at him again, this year. 

Dan Morgan ever interviewed with anyone?  Not just this cycle.  I mean, he is just a Tepper add if there ever was one.  Sportsology isn't going to be looking inside BOA for the solution to this nightmare.  And the solution being someone they nor anyone else in the business has wanted to get in a room. 

• Flames 1

cbs just posted who lead the gm search

teppers, caldwell for some reason, morgan himself and a guy from the firm he hired.

you got three yes people and an easy override there.

basically they ran out of options or nicole was just like well what if we just kept morgan

honestly nothing against Dan, get your money and get the fug out.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

He lost huge chunks of his views by this point. He panders to the players and rails agaisnt owners doing their worst.

He is a dinosaur that survived the meteor but is dying in the dust.

He really isn't wrong here which makes it that much more painful. Like even Florio can see it dang

Yeah, that part really hurts. So obvious Florio can see it. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, RumHam said:

cbs just posted who lead the gm search

teppers, caldwell for some reason, morgan himself and a guy from the firm he hired.

you got three yes people and an easy override there.

basically they ran out of options or nicole was just like well what if we just kept morgan

honestly nothing against Dan, get your money and get the fug out.

Even more evidence Tepper is only interested in winning his way and proving he is super smart.

How do you hire a guy to be the GM that was part of the hiring interviews that no other team in the league would let be their GM if he paid them do so?

It is even worse when you consider the complete and utter garbage we have put on the field since Morgan has been a part of the FO. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, let's take a look at Adam Peters.   He and Morgan entered their roles as assistant GMs at the same time.

Peters? People were looking at him for GM jobs after 2021.  They were looking at him again after 2022.   They were looking at him again, this year. 

Yes, Adam Peters was/is a better candidate than Dan Morgan.  

I'm not trying to sell you on Dan Morgan.  I'm just saying your point that Dan Morgan hadn't interviewed with anyone else this cycle really doesn't mean much.  There were only 3 teams with open GM spots that could/would have interviewed him.  1 got their guy immediately and 2 (Chargers) are going to ultimately pick the GM that Harbaugh wants.  So yeah, it hasn't gotten talked about because it doesn't mean much.

Now yes I'm sure you can list a litany of reasons as to why Dan Morgan isn't a good hire.  And I might agree with you on some.  I just don't think that particular point shows or proves anything.  

15 hours ago, csx said:

The media gobbled up our hires and moves last year. Their opinions mean nothing..They love to use hindsight to pass judgment but its nothing but crickets when they are wrong. 

All that matters is if the situation improves. 

Exactly!!!  After all the smoke blown up the Panther's fan bases ass after the last offseason AND I will add also when Rhule & Brady were hired... I can really care less about these opinions anymore.