• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

25 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

.500 win percentage, no consecutive winning seasons, and playoffs every three years or so, and no Súper bowls. (In case you missed the two decades we did that.)

He did have 4 straight winning seasons in Tennessee. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

The truest dumb thing here is your assessment, the deflecting, and poorly used example.

I can give you loads of examples of teams hiring retreads and it working out. Any coaching hire ever is going to come with some sort of risk. Just because it didn’t work for us last time doesn’t mean don’t try it again.

6 hours ago, CRA said:

right that man an absurd check when he walks in the door and tell him he can hire anyone he wants!!!

I would wager that interview has odds of going poorly given what Tepper likes.  Vrabal is the polar opposite of anything Tepper has been around.  An "a hole" some would say. 

Little surprised they even got him to come in.  

I really like Vrabel.  Would def need a good OC hire as well

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

.500 win percentage, no consecutive winning seasons, and playoffs every three years or so, and no Súper bowls. (In case you missed the two decades we did that.)

It is pathetic that the above would look pretty awesome compared to 6 losing seasons in a row right now.

• Pie 1

Vrabel can be for us, what Dan Campbell was supposed to be for the Lions.

It's worked out far better than they ever imagined with Campbell, but in reality, the fans didn't expect him to be their longtime HC when he was hired.  He was essentially brought in to change the culture in the franchise, set them on the right path for once, and then they'd find their hopeful longterm solution at some point in the future.

Sure, would be nice if we could find that long term guy right now, but we need to flip this franchise around from the ground up, and a guy like Vrabel knows what well run franchises look like and would get the players to buy in.

Y’all don’t think a person might do something differently if they had a second chance? That they don’t learn something? 

We aren’t talking about someone who has a long rap sheet of failed coaching tries. 

I got more, but for fug’s sake we are talking about making them turn this into a Bryce Young developmental mission. Whole extra layer of difficulty. Oh, and win too. 

He’s perfect for our personnel in both scheme and coaching style. Coaches like him have been the stereotype of successful coaches in Carolina. This franchise is not going to become an offensive juggernaut any time soon, especially not with who we have playing QB. Vrabel is my top choice if Johnson is out.