• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Panthers hire Canales

Mr. Scot

42 minutes ago, Mage said:

Rivera had to change his ways to stay here.  It was that 2013 Bills game that turned me on him.  We were up 20-17.  It was 4th and 1 at their 21.  We had Cam Newton, Mike Tolbert, and Williams (Stew was hurt).  Instead of going for it, we kicked a FG and ended up losing the game.

I remember losing my mind in my college apartment at this game. Was such a fun year after the 1-3 start.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Sidenote - I will always love and appreciate Ron even if he was incredibly frustrating at times as our HC.

Good dude.

Great person and great defensive coach.  Good role model for any young person.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Rivera had to change his ways to stay here.  It was that 2013 Bills game that turned me on him.  We were up 20-17.  It was 4th and 1 at their 21.  We had Cam Newton, Mike Tolbert, and Williams (Stew was hurt).  Instead of going for it, we kicked a FG and ended up losing the game.

after that game he became Riverboat Ron and aside from a brutal game against Arizona where Cam imploded (along with the rest of the team) we absolutely dominated the rest of that year. I really do think that 2013 team is our best team ever on the strength of that elite D. As much as we were screwed in the SB a few years later, we really should've beaten the 49ers that year, refs totally fuged us

• Pie 1

Canales discusses his offense

a great interview that I hope makes people feel good about this guys mindset with offense and how to build it. This is what we always dreamed of. No more round peg square hole. Intresting bit starts at 2:45. I love the idea of making sure your system is molded for your QB and the willingness to move players on the oline to maximize potential.

Edited by PanthersGTI
  • Pie 2

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ouch 😬

In Teppers mind, I bet He’s thinking that our new coach is  getting an absolute minimum of three years to prove himself. This way Rhule and Frank are off the books, and he can move on if needed, and he shows the league that he can be patient. This also gives us time to move on from Young if he does not work out. If it works out then things are fantastic, if not, clean sweep with coach, gm, and QB

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Having a process is good, just need it to be the right process. 

Rhule has the right process for College.

Much like Satan... sorry, Saban, found out. It doesn't work on millionaire athletes. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

In Teppers mind, I bet He’s thinking that our new coach is  getting an absolute minimum of three years to prove himself. This way Rhule and Frank are off the books, and he can move on if needed, and he shows the league that he can be patient. This also gives us time to move on from Young if he does not work out. If it works out then things are fantastic, if not, clean sweep with coach, gm, and QB

If the overall team improves but Young doesn't he has bought himself some more time, he would get the chance to pick his own QB before anything.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

3 years makes sense.

That will let us move on from BY if needed and let a supposed QB guru get a shot with another young guy if BY doesn't work to prove himself.