• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like we get to keep Ejiro Evero!

And then there was one.  With the Baltimore DC, Mike McDonald becomeing the HC of the Seahawks that only leaves the Commanders.  Ejiro Evero is not interview at all with the Commanders.  A lot of rumors saying Quinn and Vrabel is still out there.  Unless something drastic happens we get to keep the part of the Panthers that looked pretty good last year.

I really like Evero a lot.  Very professional.  Seems to raise above all the drama last year on offense.  I also really liked the way we played down the stretch and how tough and physical they were.  Also, note that we had a ton of injuries all over the defense were never at full strength for almost the entire year.

While I would not have had too big a problem if we wanted to fire everyone I think it'll be a great help to first year HC Canales that he pretty much doesn't have to do very much in regards to the defense.  He can focus on retooling the dumpster fire of an offense.

Evero is stability and that is something every other unit can lean on.  I expect in his second year Evero will be even better.

Due to the rules of hiring minority coaches.  If Evero coaches 2 years and leaves for a HC job, we get 2, 3rd round draft pics as compensation.  That is another huge plus.

Already starting to get a little hyped about next year.

Keep pounding.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

That’s if Evero wants to stay. He might want out of that contract to go elsewhere

Well too fugging bad. If he’s this great professional and man with HC written all over him like everybody keeps saying, then he’ll man up and do his job to the best of his ability so that he can get a HC job next cycle.

• Pie 4

51 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

That’s if Evero wants to stay. He might want out of that contract to go elsewhere

He does want out but can’t leave if it’s a lateral move. Tepper is holding him hostage. He’s getting paid well but doesn’t want to be here. 

16 minutes ago, Newbie said:

He does want out but can’t leave if it’s a lateral move. Tepper is holding him hostage. He’s getting paid well but doesn’t want to be here. 

Adhering to your signed contract is not “holding him hostage”. He can wipe his tears with his $6M of $100 bills 

• Pie 3