• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB Matt Corral

I hate how things turned out for him.  Hopefully he can use this as a personal and professional rebound.  Was a nice kid, good story, but just couldn't develop here.  I wish nothing but the best for him (and honestly most NFL players).  I'll look out for him this spring!

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I hate to be "that guy" but maybe don't draft QBs struggling with mental health issues because playing QB in the NFL is hella fuging stressful. If you have any mental weakness that job is gonna find them.

HC is even more stressful. Are you saying Canales can’t cut it either due to his past?

20 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I hate how things turned out for him.  Hopefully he can use this as a personal and professional rebound.  Was a nice kid, good story, but just couldn't develop here.  I wish nothing but the best for him (and honestly most NFL players).  I'll look out for him this spring!

Seems like he went through something, hopefully he found peace in his life. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Not convinced he would have been as unwatchable as Bryce this season. 

And someone mentioned Sam, Baker and Teddy. All of whom are/were better than BY9.

And, on another note, I actually have more fun watching UFL (XFL last year) than the NFL.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

And someone mentioned Sam, Baker and Teddy. All of whom are/were better than BY9.

And, on another note, I actually have more fun watching UFL (XFL last year) than the NFL.

I'll second this. But a lot of that has to do with watching the DC Defenders, who I sincerely think could have beaten the 2023 Panthers.

But related to Corral, I think the UFL ideal for players like Corral. Never really got the opportunity to prove themselves, no tape, ended up in a bad situation on a bad team. If Corral puts on a decent show in the UFL it might get him invited back to an NFL training camp.

I'll never say that someone who failed to shine as a Panther in the Rhule/Fitterer regime is a provably bust.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I hate to be "that guy" but maybe don't draft QBs struggling with mental health issues because playing QB in the NFL is hella fuging stressful. If you have any mental weakness that job is gonna find them.

I mean, doesn't seem to be something that has bothered this org.  Because they did it with the next QB after him too. 

Should have gave him a shot Panthers would have won just as many games(if not more with a real WR #1) and still have the #1 pick... 

Wasted 2 draft picks on a guy you never got to see in a real game.

Edited by NCBlu

1 hour ago, NCBlu said:

Should have gave him a shot Panthers would have won just as many games(if not more with a real WR #1) and still have the #1 pick... 

Wasted 2 draft picks on a guy you never got to see in a real game.

At least Corral would've been throwing to a receiver that he was very familiar with. Mingo probably would've put up more than 500 yards as well. 

• Beer 2