• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we low-key tanking? Donnelly thinks we're half-tanking.

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wish they’d let Canales pick his own guy at 33. There’s no way anyone can watch all 16 games last year and think Bryce can hang in this league. 

I do think they’re going full reset this year. Take on cap hits. Set up for a clean slate in 2025 and let Canales pick his guy. Problem is, next years QB class blows 

So this offseason find a WR or two. Fix IOL. See what Ekwonu can do. Then look for your QB again next offseason 

If Canales can get anything out of Bryce then that’ll speak volumes of Canales ability.

Agreed. Do just enough with Bryce to trade his midget ass and move on. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Agreed. Do just enough with Bryce to trade his midget ass and move on. 

The sad part about Bryce is most of the fanbase just doesn't think he has the arm talent to be an elite QB in this league.

The best we can hope for is they turn him into a game manager. If he shows no improvement next season we better draft a QB in 2025.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wish they’d let Canales pick his own guy at 33. There’s no way anyone can watch all 16 games last year and think Bryce can hang in this league. 

I do think they’re going full reset this year. Take on cap hits. Set up for a clean slate in 2025 and let Canales pick his guy. Problem is, next years QB class blows 

So this offseason find a WR or two. Fix IOL. See what Ekwonu can do. Then look for your QB again next offseason 

If Canales can get anything out of Bryce then that’ll speak volumes of Canales ability.

if they move on from Bryce, they can’t set a time table like that.

If Ickey and the rest of the OL blow, then we need to spend first and 2nd round pick fixing that for the next few years.

Same with WRs.

Dont get a QB until you have some weapons and can protect him.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The sad part about Bryce is most of the fanbase just doesn't think he has the arm talent to be an elite QB in this league.

The best we can hope for is they turn him into a game manager. If he shows no improvement next season we better draft a QB in 2025.

I think it’s more than just arm strength. 

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Some of us have mentioned this, but let it be said once again: 2025 may not be the best time to be looking for a QB in the draft. Of course anything can happen and things do change over a year, but 2025 is sketchy. 

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/weak-2025-qb-class-may-compel-teams-to-find-their-franchise-arm-in-2024/

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

No team ever tries to lose on purpose. We're going to lose anyway, it's just that it might be with bottom-of-the-barrel type of players, senior citizens and UDFAs. 

The Replacements. I wouldn't mind if they just purged the lot of them save for a handful and pull from other teams practice squads to make a new roster for this season. It's time they do to the roster what they have been doing with the coaching staff. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Some of us have mentioned this, but let it be said once again: 2025 may not be the best time to be looking for a QB in the draft. Of course anything can happen and things do change over a year, but 2025 is sketchy. 

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/weak-2025-qb-class-may-compel-teams-to-find-their-franchise-arm-in-2024/

Sanders is legit. His Oline was trash. The kid is a baller if he gets protection.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

We can’t, especially with no 1st and we shouldn’t try to do that. We’ve done it for 5-6 years now and it’s gone miserably.

Also, I’ve posted this before. We have no cap issues. After decisions on Brown, Luvu and Burns, we have no big list of young guys we need to extend for lots of money. Fitterer put a kibosh on that with 3 years of terrible drafting.

We have a talent issue right now and we can’t FA our way out of that. We have to draft great value and hit on more than normal to get this team foundation back.

Our roster is really bad. 

• Pie 2

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The Replacements. I wouldn't mind if they just purged the lot of them save for a handful and pull from other teams practice squads to make a new roster for this season. It's time they do to the roster what they have been doing with the coaching staff. 

jon favreau nigel gruff GIF

I wish. They would have been an improvement at every position but Brown's. 

• Pie 2