• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Panthers will add multiple skill players in free agency/trades this offseason

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope. But damn man, I'm rapidly running out of hope.

New HC. New GM that might be his own man with a vested interest in returning the team back to the keep pounding days. . New guy handling contracts from a good program. Lots of talent at skill positions in the draft.

We're in a position to do better.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

If they trade for anything it should be draft picks. Whether Bryce is the guy or not we need our own guys not journeymen vets on short deals

Too bad we cant draft. Open the checkbook

And one thing about Tepper, he's made some bad decisions, but he's learned to bounce from an idea when it doesn't work and try something very different.

At some point something has to stick, right?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

FA names

TE: Noah Fant 

OL: Jon Runyan 

Solid EDGE options: Bryce Huff, DJ Wonnum, Michael Danna

Meh WR options: Darnell Mooney, Kendrick Bourne

Trade targets

Picks - get more picks, no vets.  Stop chasing and start collecting.

A couple other meh WRs include Josh Reynolds, Curtis Samuel, and Mike Williams (once he is released). 

• Pie 1

Getting multiple impact players in free agency with minimal cap space and not much draft capital??? They're going to have to do a ton of maneuvering with cuts and restructures to make that possible. 

The crazy thing is last year I bet Fitterer thought he was doing really good by signing Theilen, Hurst, Sanders, DJ. Chark. On paper it must've sounded good but all it really did is muck up our Cap and make the team worse overall.  I'm hoping we don't have a repeat if this garbage and aren't just signing a bunch of mediocre to bad players to long term contracts .

It's not realstic but I wish they'd just bite the God damn bullet this year. Constantly restructuring everyone's contracts and signing bad free agents keeps us from having a lot more cap space for subsequent seasons. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, rayzor said:

And one thing about Tepper, he's made some bad decisions, but he's learned to bounce from an idea when it doesn't work and try something very different.

At some point something has to stick, right?

We humans tend to learn from our mistakes. Tepper has made a lot  of mistakes as the owner of the Panthers.  Let's hope he's been learning a lot too. 

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Good

Its good that one of the only players we have drafted under Tepper that had any kind of talent was lost on our roster because we didnt know how to use him and he walked for nothing. Im failing to see how this is good. 

• Pie 1