• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

I don’t think we give up anything for anyone in FA. I think the plan is another OL, WR, DE, and a few more depth pieces in FA than WR and DE in the 2nd. We have the cash to shop around in FA, no need to be trading draft picks away 

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's the point, There was talent at #39 and we simply picked the wrong guy.  This isn't like QB, once the top few are gone is a total crap shoot.  You can get solid, REALLY solid WRs into the 3rd round.  Beyond that if you are lucky.  I wanted Rashee Rice over Mingo.  Tank Dell had a great year and was drafted after Mingo.

We drafted Bryce Young and Jonathan Mingo. The Texans drafted CJ Stroud and Tank Dell. 

And...

well-there-it-is-smile.gif

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

It is possible that they traded Burns knowing they would use the resources to get Higgins?  It seems as if they are going to give Bryce the best protection and a very solid set of WRs.  Higgins is a #1 X, Thielen is a slot, Mingo is the Z for now.   I think Tremble and Thomas will be the TEs, but there could be a draft pick (Wiley, maybe) or a large WR converted to TE (Claypool, for example). 

Can the defense survive without burns, Jackson, and Luvu?  I think it can if the offense is strong.  We can find 10 sacks, we get Thompson back, and Jackson was hurt a lot anyway.

And I realize that I could bitch about how bad things are, but we have seen the first day of free agency--I am ready to move on and see what we can do.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We drafted Bryce Young and Jonathan Mingo. The Texans drafted CJ Stroud and Tank Dell. 

And...

well-there-it-is-smile.gif

You know the Texans were setup for success and we are set up to fail, dont blame the actual players!

🙄

26 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Higgins isn't even a #1 WR. He's a star #2. He's not even in the top 20.

Hard to say with Chase there-but I am also worried that he will not be as good here because Chase was getting the best CBs and S help a lot.  Here there is no Burrow.  So should he be expected to improve as the X?  Yikes--to your point.

Just now, methodtoll said:

Anyone surprised to see Chase Young available??? I admit that I didn't follow the 49ers last season except in postseason so what happened to him??? 

He is a jag that was overdrafted and has no drive to be better. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Hard to say with Chase there-but I am also worried that he will not be as good here because Chase was getting the best CBs and S help a lot.  Here there is no Burrow.  So should he be expected to improve as the X?  Yikes--to your point.

Higgins lit it up when Chase was inactive if I remember correctly 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’d be willing to give up a lot for Aiyuk but they ain’t trading him

Genuinely, why?

We're not a superstar player away from contention. Especially not at WR - we saw how much good McCaffrey did. 

Build the fuging roster. 

• Pie 1