• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Bradley Bozeman

I seem to recall Bozeman getting on Young a few times

not that it’s unusual for centers and qbs to have issues and situations…

perhaps that played into it a bit too

just goes back to the panthers throwing players on the field if they were a scheme match or not …of course, that assumes they had a scheme 

• Pie 1

Hate it because he was a great guy.

Him and his wife did a lot off the field.  They reminded me a lot of of the 2015 guys who many of us fell in love with personality wise off the field.

He looked good with Wilks because he was a good power run blocker and that’s about it.  And when you run the ball 90% of the snaps, you’ll look pretty good.

I go back to this last offseason when we were all jumping wanting to make him a Top priority FA signing.  And when we didn’t sign him right away.  Reports came out from Mike Kaye, Person, etc.  that the league didn’t view him as high as much of us fans.

He came back.  Played in a scheme that for one didn’t fit him.  But looked downright awful sadly.

I know some want to blame the QB.  
but no QB big, tall or small.  Shotgun, pistol, undercenter, or back deep in punt formation.   Center or any OL Shouldn’t be getting beat in 1 on 1 reps with ease in pass pro.

Didn’t matter the DT.  Any time any DT put a swim move on him, they went by him like Michael Phelps.  When teams used a stunt, he looked like he didn’t know what to do as his feet were in concrete.  Then he just couldn’t downright move in the zone to pickup anyone.

I really hate it.  But it had to be done.

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1

Morgans solution to filling holes is making more of them....

The only way he does this is if he's already agreed to sign a good FA C. 

Boz could play OG and he's already paid, poor choice here. You are saying djax, Hurst, and boz are no better than street FAs. 

2 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

The team can buy a new turnstile and a couple practice dummies. Probably come in well under 400k and still be able to replace the lost productivity. That’s front office genius IMO. 

Bare min you need to sign a guy getting 900,000+ to replace. Each was already paid, so its like buying takeout and throwing it away to go to the grocery store. 

Should have kept both and even djax and cut them after this year. Boz can play OG and backup C. Hurst can be a #2(if his injuries are over). Djax played the lead CB role after horn went down.

Bad beginning to Morgans era. 

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Morgans solution to filling holes is making more of them....

The only way he does this is if he's already agreed to sign a good FA C. 

Boz could play OG and he's already paid, poor choice here. You are saying djax, Hurst, and boz are no better than street FAs. 

If we struggled schematically in what we were runningast year, he would struggle this year too. He is a square peg. It just is what it is.

Moving him around isn't going to change that.