• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Gallup to visit with Panthers

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Mingo sucks, but even if he didn't/somehow doesn't signing a guy like Gallup (assuming a reasonable price) doesn't really impact the ability to develop him. It does arguably provide some more flexibility with those first picks though.

Smitty saying that we basically did nothing to play to Mingo's strengths while constantly asking him to play to his weaknesses keeps me slightly intrigued that he might not end up being a complete bust. Sounds like we Chinn'd him.

• Pie 4

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smitty saying that we basically did nothing to play to Mingo's strengths while constantly asking him to play to his weaknesses keeps me slightly intrigued that he might not end up being a complete bust. Sounds like we Chinn'd him.

I still can’t unsee. What a duo lol. Dunno what’s worse the pass or catch

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Moving forward, Chinned will now be a verb.  Well played.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

A:  418

Q:  How many receiving yards did both Michael Gallup and Jonathan Mingo (as a rookie) have in 2023? 

Point being what? 

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe true but again, I don't think signing a guy like Gallup impacts Mingo. That's my point.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Please no more average WRs. We can't keep signing these bums and expect them to solve our problems.

Lol when you have a below average receiver corps, isn't adding average WRs trending in the right direction?

Abd what bums are we adding?

Third question, do you think that this the end of the work to make us better? We still have the draft where we can get a stud.

And Gallup, before in his injury was not average. The guy was tough. High teaching guy who fought for the ball and won and could top toe on the line like few others. True, he's not looked like himself the past year since the injury, but there have been flashes of it.

If it's for a reasonable amount, low risk investment, wouldn't it be worth it to give him a fresh start to see if he can regain what he has before?

And even if he doesn't, he gives us a higher floor than we had before, makes it easier for the QB, and gives defenses more of a reason to respect our passing game.

Basically he's not a stud but he would make the team better. That's what this off-season is all about. Digging ourselves out of the hole we'd gotten dug into.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, fanpanther said:

Yep terrible throw but one an nfl wr should catch

He's got a defender within a fingers graps of his face and he's rolling out to the right towards the sideline. If he throws the ball anymore inside he'd be throwing across his body while on the run with a defender in his face. Where exactly is he supposed to put that ball aside from the perfect spot he threw it to on the sideline? If Mingo didn't overrun/adjust his body in a weird angle that should be an easy pitch and catch

• Pie 3

I was not a fan of how Morgan has started, but I will say one thing I believe he's done superb at is getting the first or second trip in free agents trips. That's winning and important. It's a highly competitive racket, its about like college recruiting on roids. 

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Lol when you have a below average receiver corps, isn't adding average WRs trending in the right direction?

Abd what bums are we adding?

Third question, do you think that this the end of the work to make us better? We still have the draft where we can get a stud.

And Gallup, before in his injury was not average. The guy was tough. High teaching guy who fought for the ball and won and could top toe on the line like few others. True, he's not looked like himself the past year since the injury, but there have been flashes of it.

If it's for a reasonable amount, low risk investment, wouldn't it be worth it to give him a fresh start to see if he can regain what he has before?

And even if he doesn't, he gives us a higher floor than we had before, makes it easier for the QB, and gives defenses more of a reason to respect our passing game.

Basically he's not a stud but he would make the team better. That's what this off-season is all about. Digging ourselves out of the hole we'd gotten dug into.

I rather draft a WR. If we gonna add a WR in FA just go get Mike Williams he's the best available.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I rather draft a WR. If we gonna add a WR in FA just go get Mike Williams he's the best available.

Debatable whether or not Williams at this point is more than marginally better, mainly because they both have some post injury baggage, Williams  coming of a much more recent injury, the same injury, gives more pause for concern.

But I'm not going to debate that....I'd be fine with him too. Both carry s risk. Both would be worth it. Both would give us tough targets we didn't have before.

But the way you talk, picking up Gallup or Williams would exclude us picking up a WR or maybe even two on draft day. It won't. The inclusion of either of those guys, just like all the other additions, raise our bottom line of talent across the board.

For a talent deprived team, that's a good thing... getting more talent in here than what was here before.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He's got a defender within a fingers graps of his face and he's rolling out to the right towards the sideline. If he throws the ball anymore inside he'd be throwing across his body while on the run with a defender in his face. Where exactly is he supposed to put that ball aside from the perfect spot he threw it to on the sideline? If Mingo didn't overrun/adjust his body in a weird angle that should be an easy pitch and catch

Yep. Diontae Johnson catches that ball 9/10 times. 

• Beer 1