• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Morgan kicking arse and taking names

Jmac

On paper, they are good moves.

But every offseason, every team has made great moves on paper during hopium season.

What matters is the product on field. Will these guys mesh well with Canales' philosophy? Fitterer "revamped" the receiving corps last offseason and had a great rated draft. All these players completely flopped when it mattered.

We shall see if there's any fruitful results. It's great on paper, and I surely hope this isn't a paper tiger offseason. I don't blame anyone for being optimistic, and I don't blame any skepticism either. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Let’s wait for the results.  We have been honeydicked by Fitts and Gettleman in first 1-2 years too.

Here's why I believe it will be different.  

We've addressed the offensive line in a major way.  We've added a WR that surely knows how to get open and give Young another target outside of Theilen.  Defensively we've added several players that have played for Evero in the past so the learning curve for our defense won't be so bad.  I just heard we have added 7 starters on defense.  All equal or greater than the player they are replacing.

None of these are extremely bad contracts where if they don't perform as we expect that we are in a major hole again.  

No GM hits on every free agent but I really like all of our signing and choose to be more optimistic than pessimistic. 

• Pie 5

Hard to know how things will turn out but I do think we will be better and it isn't about just the players. Reich thought bringing in guys from different backgrounds and thoughts would lead to them all working together and complementing each other. Instead it lead to cliques and infighting and tattling to Tepper which lead to a disaster and coaches being fired midseason.

Canales has brought in his people who he knows and trusts. They should meld much better on offense which was the issue. He also knows to leave Evero alone and stick to the offense.

• Beer 2

#Panthers offseason additions: -

WR Diontae Johnson -

OLB Jadeveon Clowney -

G Damien Lewis -

G Robert Hunt -

IDL A'Shawn Robinson -

LB Josey Jewell -

WR David Moore -

S Jordan Fuller -

S Nick Scott -

CB Dane Jackson -

OT Yosh Nijman -

OLB K'Lavon Chaisson

Re-signings: -

S Sam Franklin -

CB Troy Hill -

RB Raheem Blackshear -

TE Stephen Sullivan -

DL LaBryan Ray -

DL Nick Thurman -

WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette -

LS JJ Jansen

Departures: -

OLB Brian Burns -

CB Donte Jackson -

OLB Yetur Gross-Matos -

LB Frankie Luvu - DB

Jeremy Chinn -

OT David Sharpe -

TE Giovanni Ricci -

TE Hayden Hurst -

S Vonn Bell -

C Bradley Bozeman -

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill -

CB Shaquill Griffin -

CB CJ Henderson

• Pie 4

I’m trusting that Evero can take this D and mold it into something special. Look at what he had to do last year with a literal MASH unit. 

Im concerned about Canales and how he will handle HC duties. He’s a proven QB whisperer but i wasn’t really impressed by his offense in TB. 

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m trusting that Evero can take this D and mold it into something special. Look at what he had to do last year with a literal MASH unit. 

Im concerned about Canales and how he will handle HC duties. He’s a proven QB whisperer but i wasn’t really impressed by his offense in TB. 

Yeah not sure how he's going to do managing the whole team and trying to call plays and fix Bryce all at the same time as a rookie hc.