• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Poll - Temperature Check

WR Preference/Temperature Check  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like the most for us?

• Keon Coleman
    • Ladd McConkey
    • Troy Franklin
    • Ricky Pearsall
    • Xavier Legette
    • Ja'Lynn Polk
    • Roman Wilson
    • Javon Baker
    • Xavier Worthy
    • Other (Name & Explain)

I mean, I won't be mad if we draft McConkey, but I just personally ain't drafting a receiver at 33 that doesn't have WR X upside. I'm also not crazy about picking receivers who are feather weights (Worthy), can't get open (Coleman), and can be easily redirected (several). I'm picking the guy with the potential to be a beast. Y'all know it's Legette. If I can't get him, then I'm probably picking Corley.

I know that the OP said this isn't about 33, but if not what's the point? Hell if I just had to pick whom I consider the best, it would probably be Nabers, but Harrison and Odunze would be easy picks to make.

• Pie 4

I'm team McConkey, I've listened and read a lot of scouting reports and there just isn't a lot of holes in his game. Maybe he doesn't get the hype as the other receivers because he's white. His physical testing numbers are actually pretty darn good. I'm tired of these projects with physical gifts, TMJ and Mingo were gifted but raw, look how that's turned out. We need players who are ready to contribute now. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I know that the OP said this isn't about 33, but if not what's the point? Hell if I just had to pick whom I consider the best, it would probably be Nabers, but Harrison and Odunze would be easy picks to make.

I don’t think he means this post isn’t about pick 33. Its about who your favorite WRs are, relative to where we pick. Like who do you like that we could realistically select on Day 2-3.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

First off, thanks for doing this poll.  I appreciate people who are willing to stimulate conversations as I appreciate those who can respond to varying opinions without sarcasm and unsupported proclamations. 

I want to break down this post because you bring forward an interesting list:

First, I agree that it is not a given that we take a WR at 33.  It is perhaps our biggest need, but that does not mean that it should be our first pick.   For example, I really like Cooper DeJean-the sure tackling, versatile DB from Iowa.  He could backup CB and S, perhaps moving to the nickel or dime back role....With Horn's injury history and our lack of depth at CB, I see him being on the field a lot--I am not sure he will be there...

• EDGE:  We have already added 3 Edge players (Wonnum, Chaisson, and Clowney) to go with Barno, Leota, and Johnson.  I am not sure that we go Edge at 33 based on what I expect to be there.  I am not sure that they see that as a need.
  • DB:  CB is definitely a need, and if a solid CB is on the board at 33, he should be considered.
  • DL:  I am not sure what they want to upgrade, but the DT spot could use some depth, as could the DE position.  Since both are depth, I doubt that we take one at 33.
  • OL:  We have a starting five, but I am still not sure if they like the Center situation or they are not showing their cards.  To me, there are 2 centers who could help us and if they fall, they would be worthy of the pick at 33:  Barton (Duke) and Powers-Johnson (Oregon).  I do not think Frazier (WVU) is a good fit for our system and I thing Georgia's Van Pran is a third rounder.  We have solid depth at T and G, but we could add a tackle later.
  • LB:  You did not mention LB, but we have Jewell and Thompson, both about 30, as the starters at the ILB positions.  Morgan knows how important it is to have a DAWG at ILB.  I think we will draft an ILB with the pick 33 or 39--but we could probably get one if we have a 5-10 spot trade back.  I think Morgan likes NC State's Payton Wilson or Edge Cooper in round 2, and I think we go with one of them.  If not, in the third, we will be forced to take Michigan's Colson or Clemson's Trotter, but both are lesser players than Wilson or Cooper.

If we had a chance to get a top CB at #33 and a top ILB at #39, it is POSSIBLE that the Panthers don't take a WR until 65--the draft is rather deep.

Really like this post and share similar thoughts as to how i think we may address picks 33 and 39. Im curious to see how the front office reacts if a run on WRs happens in the first. Do they panic and take the next available WR atop their board. Or do they stay strong and maybe take a CB , C that may have fallen, or an ILB that they love. I will say it seems as if they were already suspecting a run on WRs on day 1 even prior to some moves that have happened around the league.

Edited by CarolinaLivin

I still think draft 2 in the 2-4 rounds is the way. TMJ should be cut, Adam and donte are FAs are seasons end. Mingo is the only WR on contract. Need at least more while the market keeps rising.

2 is needed even if young fails. 

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

i was thinking about doing something like this for a WR duo i'd/we'd like to see but i couldn't figure out how to do it correctly. Wouldn't necessarily be the two favorite. It would be two that complement each other. 

glad you did this, though. will be interesting to see what others are thinking.

Yeah I'd like to see a duo too.  Not even tied to them being the premium picks.  Coker, Washington, Thrash, McMillan, Ainias Smith, Cowing and Rice are all guys I like. We need to adopt a similar strategy as the Texans last year. Crowded WR room with multiple skill sets and body sizes just throwing everything against the wall to see what fit.  I would love to add a Pearsall, Corley, Tez, McConkey, or Legette but 33 and 39 could also be a top corner, NT or Center.   I keep thinking bout Sweat with Brown and Robinson on each side or pairing Horn with a legit talent across him. WR is a need but Dionte and AT are gonna eat.  Mingo needs to step up and competition needs to be brought in. AT might need to ride into the sunset at some point but it's not tomorrow. It all comes down to Young. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Yeah I'd like to see a duo too.  Not even tied to them being the premium picks.  Coker, Washington, Thrash, McMillan, Ainias Smith, Cowing and Rice are all guys I like. We need to adopt a similar strategy as the Texans last year. Crowded WR room with multiple skill sets and body sizes just throwing everything against the wall to see what fit.  I would love to add a Pearsall, Corley, Tez, McConkey, or Legette but 33 and 39 could also be a top corner, NT or Center.   I keep thinking bout Sweat with Brown and Robinson on each side or pairing Horn with a legit talent across him. WR is a need but Dionte and AT are gonna eat.  Mingo needs to step up and competition needs to be brought in. AT might need to ride into the sunset at some point but it's not tomorrow. It all comes down to Young. 

Yep. Throw as many as we can out there and see what/who works

5 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Some I didn't name that I like:

Javon Baker - Great X potential, tough kid, like his style of play

Anthony Gould - He's got some real quickness.  Undersized but entertaining to watch 

Jacob Cowing - This kid is a playmaker.  Twitchy as hell, one of the more exciting "joystick" types in the draft

I really like Baker and cowing

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I won't be mad if we draft McConkey, but I just personally ain't drafting a receiver at 33 that doesn't have WR X upside. I'm also not crazy about picking receivers who are feather weights (Worthy), can't get open (Coleman), and can be easily redirected (several). I'm picking the guy with the potential to be a beast. Y'all know it's Legette. If I can't get him, then I'm probably picking Corley.

Im glad you mentioned this, Ladd just screams no.2 or slot guy. He just seems like a replacement for theilen then we are right back to searching for another receiver

I chose Worthy for our first pick. Dionte is getting older and no guarantee he or Theilen are Panthers beyond 2024. Those two are good WRs to watch and learn from for a slot guy like Worthy. 

I think there will still be some good X options after round 2. 

Also wouldn’t mind XLegette early paired with Jacob Cowing or Malik Washington in later rounds. 

Edited by ECHornet

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

McConkey or Corley.

Route running and separation ability translates from college to the pros. Both McConkey and Corley check those boxes.

Wouldn't mind seeing Corley on kick return with the new XFL style rule

• Pie 1