• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"The Panthers had the NFL’s most underrated offseason"

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

This is a 5-win team max. It's not Morgan's fault though

Umm, he’s been the assistant GM for three years and I think Person had the article it, but he played a part in getting to where we are. I still blame Fitterer the most but Dan was his right hand man. Let’s hope he learned a lot but until we have some good drafts on the field (not just paper), we haven’t done anything.

• Pie 1

"they want to run the rock while giving Young the ability to play point guard."

AKA we traded up for a game manager and this is the one narrow pathway to something resembling an NFL offense. Two scores down and this philosophy is out the window

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

The silver lining is maybe they will make last year and this year irrelevant and get someone with real potential. 

My fear is Young will be assisted in every way possible and manage to raise his QBR 10 points and they think he is good enough, and we stay stuck in that mud another two years trying to get to .500 with him. 

If he is gonna stay the QB he needs to be freaking better than a game manager. Otherwise move on. You did not make those huge moves to settle for that. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

It would be an improvement, but I wouldn't consider it "solid"

To go from the worst roster/team in the league to 6-11 in one offseason is solid to me.  2 wins to 6 would be tracking better than Dan Campbell's quick turn around for the Lions.  6 wins to me means we are looking at possibly a winning season the next year or a playoff push.  If we are doing that in 2025 then Canales is legit.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

AKA we traded up for a game manager and this is the one narrow pathway to something resembling an NFL offense. Two scores down and this philosophy is out the window

Season 2 Tarot Cards GIF by HBO

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

28 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

To go from the worst roster/team in the league to 6-11 in one offseason is solid to me.  2 wins to 6 would be tracking better than Dan Campbell's quick turn around for the Lions.  6 wins to me means we are looking at possibly a winning season the next year or a playoff push.  If we are doing that in 2025 then Canales is legit.  

I said 5 wins. Even though there it's literally a 1-game difference, it feels like a lot more. 

0-5 wins = dogshit team

6-8 wins = mediocre

9-12 wins = good

13-17 wins = elite

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

If anyone in the building still uses the term point guard in reference to the QB they should be removed immediately.

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Having a strong running game doesn’t mean the qb is bad.

Its literally the Ben Johnson/Jared Goff lions.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1