• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye's extremely realistic and wonderful 7-round Panthers mock draft

The receiving TE will help quite a bit, imo, but I am not a big fan of Wiggins--reminds me of Henderson too much and I can't get that out of my head--besides, I am not sure he starts right away.  The rest of the players are depth players. I am starting to see a pattern--the experts seem to think CB is our biggest need.

I would probably call the suicide hotline if we did this.  Self Help Support GIF by INTO ACTION

Edited by MHS831

11 hours ago, Martin said:

I don’t get the obsession in trading back, moving out if a potentially great player at 33 and 39, and net a fourth rounder or similar. It makes 0% sense. Only way I would move back is if someone lost their mind and offered us a ridiculous return, I have no interest in the value chart. We need quality, not quantity. It was one of the many reasons Fitt was terrible.

In my mind, you have to look at the draft's talent levels and drop offs.  If you can move back a bit and stay on a plane, then I say do it.  But if there is a drop off, don't do it.   However, in this draft when I have mocked, I screw up when I trade back.  I would like to say that if you look past the 2024 draft, we have no leverage next year should we need to move up even a little bit to get a QB--and the QB market seems weak right now.  If we could recoup that second rounder this year, it gives us a lot of options next year should Bryce not evolve.  However, there are other ways of getting draft picks, but to get a second rounder outside the draft, you need to give up a really good player...so to your point, if it puts us in a better position next year, I see the logic.

13 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

PANTHERS 7-ROUND MOCK DRAFT HAUL

Second round (33rd overall pick): Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

Trade: CAR trades 39th overall (via NYG) to CLE for 54th and 85th overall picks

Second round (54th overall pick via CLE): Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas

Third round (65th overall pick): Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington

Third round (85th overall pick via CLE): Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee

Fourth round (101st overall): Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame

Fifth round (141st overall via NYG): Tanor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin

Fifth round (142nd overall via TEN): Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

Seventh round (240th overall pick via PIT): Khalid Duke, OLB, Kansas State

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article287512665.html#storylink=cpy

I've been a fan of the trade backs, but only for lopsided rewards our way - and certainly not to miss the top 17 WR's.  Walking out of this draft with WR 8-10 instead of 6-8 due to a trade is one thing....but dropping down to WR 17 is punishable by death.  Sanders is a great addition if we can get him, but only after we get our WR.

12 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Everyone from Joe Person to Mel Kiper Jr to Chris Mortensen has us trading back. I guarantee you we will NOT trade back 

Thats cause its more exciting to mock a bigger name team trading with us then us just sticking and picking. DALLAS TRADES UP!! 'click'click'click'

Trading back when you can instead take what is potentially a couple first round talents who slid because of how the board fell is nuts.  We need more starters.  They don't have to be stars, just good solid NFL starters.

Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, Deshaun Foster, Taylor Moton.  We need a couple of those type with our two second rounders this year.  It would go a long, long way toward setting us back on track.

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, Martin said:

I don’t get the obsession in trading back, moving out if a potentially great player at 33 and 39, and net a fourth rounder or similar. It makes 0% sense. Only way I would move back is if someone lost their mind and offered us a ridiculous return, I have no interest in the value chart. We need quality, not quantity. It was one of the many reasons Fitt was terrible.

14 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Everyone from Joe Person to Mel Kiper Jr to Chris Mortensen has us trading back. I guarantee you we will NOT trade back 

This! I feel like unless we get a kings ransom that it would be absolutely stupid to trade back. We could acquire two very solid picks at 33 and 39 especially since Fitt. will not be involved in making in making the choices. We need to use BOTH picks and keep them to draft the very best players possible with each pick.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

In my mind, you have to look at the draft's talent levels and drop offs.  If you can move back a bit and stay on a plane, then I say do it.  But if there is a drop off, don't do it.   However, in this draft when I have mocked, I screw up when I trade back.  I would like to say that if you look past the 2024 draft, we have no leverage next year should we need to move up even a little bit to get a QB--and the QB market seems weak right now.  If we could recoup that second rounder this year, it gives us a lot of options next year should Bryce not evolve.  However, there are other ways of getting draft picks, but to get a second rounder outside the draft, you need to give up a really good player...so to your point, if it puts us in a better position next year, I see the logic.

The Panthers aren't drafting a QB early next year. I guess it's a remote possibility, but Bryce would have to be worse than last season for them to do that. And that just ain't gonna happen. He gets 2 more seasons before they would give up on him. 2026 is the earliest they'd actually draft his replacement. Focus on building the rest of the roster and earn a QB. Gotta stop trying to buy one with extra draft capital.