• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft - Round 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Or you know…..draft a legit WR prospect.  The 32nd ranked O that couldn’t complete a forward pass needs to catchup to the rest of the league.  

Well, this is because we don't have a QB who can make his teammates better. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I'm going there.

Fugging called it last year.  Epic QB class in 2024.  Just had to wait one more year. But no, we HAD TO trad up for Young.  Fug Fitterer!!!

I feel you but ultimately it was David Tepper who pushed for it.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

They signed Kirk because they think they have a legit SB window with him at QB

They could have just added an elite prospect to help on said SB run

Making a pick for the future because they're about to lose even more draft picks, and thus lose out on more players they could use for said hopeful SB run, is the epitome of stupid.

If they lose say their 1st next year because of this, that means they'll have signed Kirk for a SB run and then not had a 1st round pick to help out in the first 2 years of his contract.

With no defensive player worth taking at 8 and probably no trade down offer I can respect that they stuck to their guns and took the guy the must believe in. Kirk while being paid very highly will be a 36 year old QB coming off an Achilles tear so there's no guarantee he will hold up. Also, it's not like Kirk is just some elite QB he in my view is a very productive QB who has an elite agent who keeps getting him these mega deals. Kirk is also awful in primetime and hasn't won a playoff game since 2020.