• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

What makes this easier to take is the fact we had back to back 5th round picks (141 & 142)  we gave up 141 and got pick 200.  we dropped 59 spots but still have a pick in every round.  to me it was a low risk solution to insure that we got our guy. 

• Pie 5

I’m sure Legs would be great if he had a QB who could push the ball down the field but defenses are just going to sell out to stop all the screens they’ll force feed him like they’ve been doing 

Edited by RJK

Dan and Dave were 100% sold on XL.

The fifth year option is in place.

And honestly, if Fitterer was still involved he probably would have gotten scared and traded up to 28 or higher and given up even more.

Let’s go Game….I mean Panthers!

• Pie 1

Just now, BountyHunter said:

What makes this easier to take is the fact we had back to back 5th round picks (141 & 142)  we gave up 141 and got pick 200.  we dropped 59 spots but still have a pick in every round.  to me it was a low risk solution to insure that we got our guy. 

as long as we have a pick for Braleon Allen or Estime

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Anyone comparing Mingo and XL IMO hasn’t really watched a lot of the two.  They just aren’t comps.  XL doesn’t play like Mingo 

I've been saying that for weeks too. That was always lazy analysis bordering on nonsensical, but I've tried to give them the benefit of being knowledgeable and sincere.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If you've read my posts you should understand I take a pretty even keel approach and have been warming myself up to Legette.  Pick the hyperbolizing "you're freaking out" argument with someone else or get lost. 

Really shouldn't bother anyone if I don't like the pick.  I can be wrong and it's just football anyways, I don't mind admitting it.

I'm not forcing you to love the pick. You're entitled to your own opinion. His film stands out though. I wasn't high on the Mingo film. This kid has that extra gear. I think we will love him if we use him the right way. I think Bryce getting the ball out qucker should helps all of our WR's. We got a good mix of WR's now.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, 07579394 said:

TMJ,Mingo,and now XL😂

Its like the spiderman meme.  Lets draft big receivers that didnt get open in college every year.  Eventually one has to not be bad right? 

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I still think there's a decent chance JPJ falls to our next pick. There's been a lot of lineman already taken and we know there will be a receiver run at the start of the second.

I hope so. We've spent a ridiculous amount of money and draft capital on our Oline and to have the biggest question mark right in the middle worries me a lot. We all saw what happened with Paradis. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm not forcing you to love the pick. You're entitled to your own opinion. His film stands out though. I wasn't high on the Mingo film. This kid has that extra gear. I think we will love him if we use him the right way. I think Bryce getting the ball out qucker should helps all of our WR's. We got a good mix of WR's now.

That's fine and dandy.  Just don't peel into your "buddy, settle down" shtick when someone is well and settled.  

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was down on the Mingo pick even when Smitty suggested him.

Legette film is much more impressive. He can take a bubble screen and break for 80. Mingo wasn't that kind of WR. He also didn't look as explosive as Legette.

That's exact the sort of player Bryce needs, and having that outlet with Gibbs at Alabama went a long way for him.

• Pie 2