• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft: Rounds 2 & 3

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Dude our drafts since 2018 have been complete poo. Hurney got a couple 1st rounders and after that it’s been poo. I wouldn’t be incorrect in saying we may have the worst drafts in the league in the past 3 drafts and it doesn’t seem like it’s getting better. Our scouting department is bottom of the barrel, period.

Good point!! I I think I was being blinded by all the laser eyes Mims Fitterer was supposedly making for the team!!

• Flames 2

Trevin Wallace

LB, UK

6-2 / 241lbs

Grade Analysis

No grade analysis available.

Rating: 70.80 (Part-time contributor)
Pro Comparison: Kaden Elliss
Summary

Trevin Wallace is a stocky-ish but springy off-ball LB. Fast when he wants to be but really struggles beating blocks to the football. Will overtly avoid blocks to take himself out of the play on a routine basis. Not around the football much in coverage but demonstrated a keen sense of sinking in zone and has the athletic chops to run with TEs and RBs in man. That type of plus explosive athlete. Just doesn't always fully tap into it. Hip fluidity is good. Quality tackler. Rare to see a miss on film. Just needs to play with more authority/passion when tracking the football against the run. Has the explosiveness to be a stud blitzer but way too timid in those situations. Flexibility is lacking to work around the edges of blockers. Flashes of athleticism to be a good three-down 'backer in the NFL. Needs to crank the intensity tracking the football.

Strengths
  • Serious juice to the football when he sees his target
  • Fluid enough to sink in coverage
  • Awesome tackler
Weaknesses
  • Has huge problems beating blocks / tries to avoid them
  • Needs to play with more passion and energy

Just now, The Natural said:

Dan Morgan was calling the shots before this draft? Weird, I thought it was some other guy.

You want to believe Dan Morgan wasn't putting the boards together? Ok. Morgan just sat back and watched as he let everyone else scout & write reports, right?

Asst GM just gets the coffee & drives the players around?