• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Thoughts on Legette based upon an ex-scout's ranking him WR1 in the draft

Posted (edited)

I'm all for polishing our new weapons, tis the season, but comparing Legette to a guy drafted during the Carter Administration? I mean geeez lol.  Art Monk is a god from a by gone era.   

Had to look this Daniel Kelly guy up...now that is a doozy.

So, he was an obessive fan with no prior NFL experience.  In school, drafted extensive reports on players and sent them to nearly every NFL team at the hopes of his NFL dream becoming true.  The Jets ended up biting, brought him in for four years before letting him go in 2002.  He went on to publish a book about his experience, became a reporter who submits his work to the 'by article' submission sites, and via linkedIn is "OpenToWork".  Had Caleb Williams and Jayden Daniels as 3rd round grades lol.  

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, MrBubba said:

Legette is a nice prospect, with lots of upside.  But this guy saying he is better than Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors, sorry but he's out of his ever loving mind.  

Aka ex scout.  

• Pie 1

Don't know about this ex-scout guy, but Jets GMs haven't been really any better than ours for a couple decades. 

That said, i'm curious where XL would have been ranked if he had at last 2-3 years of production like he had his final year. 

I'm convinced that he had been capable of that kind of production for more than the past couple years, but situations and lack of opportunity prevented that from happening. 

So if he had 2 or 3 years of similar production...say he peaked last year but IF he had averaged the two years before 100+ receptions, 1300 yards, and 9-10 TDs. Would that have put him in the same conversation as Harrison, Nabors, and Odunze?

just curious....

6 hours ago, amcoolio said:

History says one of MHJ, Rome or Nabers will be an absolute bust, so it's not out of the realm of possibilty. Keyshawn Johnson is a good comp for Marvin Harrison Jr. Solid, but not spectacular

Keyshawn was spectacular when he came out of USC and had a very productive start to his career with marginal speed. Marvin Harrison is better coming out of school, because he is a polished route runner, wins jump balls, has the production with different QBs, and has the speed to run away from people. The kid's dad is a HOF WR and he has that pedigree, but is almost 6'4" and runs a 4.3. Comparing him to K. Johnson is lazy, like saying Merrill Hoge was a good comp for Christian McCaffrey. 🤣

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'm all for polishing our new weapons, tis the season, but comparing Legette to a guy drafted during the Carter Administration? I mean geeez lol.  Art Monk is a god from a by gone era.   

fug it.  The Posse 2.0. 

We got Monk, now we need our Sanders and Clark.   We have always liked nicknames.  It's what we do instead of winning. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Why even watch them? I mean if you are already saying you are projecting another failed season with happening what you are claiming will happen then where is the motivation for you to even watch? Sounds as if you have zero hope here, so what's the point or motivation for you to even turn your tv on next season?

your team is your team.  All sports is, is an escape from reality and something to emotionally invest in that you have no control over.  Trainwrecks are entertaining too. 

• Pie 3

His route tree is limited. His head fakes suck and he doesn’t change direction great, basically like DK. But he’s fast and physical. Gonna need lots of work 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, MrBubba said:

Legette is a nice prospect, with lots of upside.  But this guy saying he is better than Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors, sorry but he's out of his ever loving mind.  

Believe the unbelievable.

We got the best WR in this draft. 

3 hours ago, RJK said:

His route tree is limited. His head fakes suck and he doesn’t change direction great, basically like DK. But he’s fast and physical. Gonna need lots of work 

No YOUR route tree is limited!

• Pie 1