• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye chain gang?

This is cool. I mean I'm sure they have the technology to implant chips in to footballs and onto the fields to measure spatially where the ball is. But then that'd take the fun and anger out of reacting to the ref's subjective opinions lol. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Manna said:

This is cool. I mean I'm sure they have the technology to implant chips in to footballs and onto the fields to measure spatially where the ball is. But then that'd take the fun and anger out of reacting to the ref's subjective opinions lol. 

Would be hilarious to watch if someone managed to hack the technology in the tracking software and ended with the ball showing up in Albuquerque.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Once again a computer is taking our jobs. 

They took his job! 

You know, having worked for a lot of different large companies, there are a lot of people who need to be replaced with computers.

• Pie 7

14 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Once again a computer is taking our jobs. 

They took his job! 

If they had been good at their jobs the computer wouldn't have taken their job. How many times have they had to check replay to get the mark right.

1 hour ago, Manna said:

If they add chips to the football, how will bryce young throw them?!?!?!

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You know, having worked for a lot of different large companies, there are a lot of people who need to be replaced with computers.

The amount of corporate survivors out there who just hang on cashing paychecks by knowing the right asses to kiss, never rocking the applecart, learning some industry lingo, and just checking boxes is pretty staggering.

But that's what the corporate environment rewards. Fug that. Something has gone horrifically wrong for me to ever end up back in the corporate world.

• Beer 1

I'm all for removing as much human ref element as possible. NFL isn't so bad, but some NBA and MLB refs/umps go out of their way to be egotistical and "i'm better than you, look at what I can do" like a macho corrupt cop in the south

• Pie 2

The only problem I have with it is this. Human judgements and human mistakes are what give life to sports. We all may have a more accurate game thanks to this, but I'd venture to guess we'll have a less enjoyable sport because of this.

How exactly does it work though? Do they still need someone to judge when the play is dead?

Guys can reach the ball out over the line but it has always been where they go down at for a first down, im not sure how this is going to be implemented in football.

Even for goal line purposes passing the ball negates the use of it because it wont be able to tell if the pass is caught or not, only whether it crossed the plane.